Chapter 12 - Presents and Exams

On December the 25th, Eve woke up to atleast 9 boxes of presents, all wrapped in gift paper. Usually, it was just her parents and her brothers who have her gifts, but now she was looking at the gifts that her friends had sent her too. Of course, she'd sent them gifts too, even though she hated Christmas.

She had bought Lily a vintage vinyl that she'd found at the thrift store, knowing she loved music (it looked very new, and it worked too, and it fitted her budget), for Sirius, a Muggle camera, just to spite his parents (he'd love it), for James she bought a broomstick servicing kit that he had always set his eyes on, for Remus a copy of The Great Gatsby, for Peter an eternal peppermint stick box (it never got over), for Marlene a very comfortable sleep mask, and an alarm clock that would keep raising it's volume on it's own until she woke up, and for Alice, she bought her a cute blue hairdryer, and an enchanted blue daisy that would never die.

In return, James had sent her a jumper that his mom had made for her, fudge, and a prank kit from Zonko's. Sirius had sent at least 10 Dungbombs, color bombs (Sherlock was shocked to even hear the names) and also a packet of Bertie Bott's that she shared with Sherlock ("Every flavor, as in every flavor?" "Well, yes. There's liver, spinach, vomit, ear wax-" "You know what, I don't want to know.") Remus had sent her a book in which if she wrote, he'd be able to read whatever she wrote on his book and vice-versa (basic text messaging). Peter sent her a box of Belgian Chocolates, Lily had bought her a study planner, Alice, an enchanted coffee mug, Marlene had bought her a water flask that would refill itself on it's own from France.

It was Sherlock who was most happiest on Christmas. Since she studied Potions, Eve had a lot of ingredients that were very interesting to him. Eve gave him the toad eyes and a few bones that were also used to make Potions. Sherlock always had the knack for experimenting and found his gift more than useful. He at once set off to his Chemical Lab (the basement). She bought her Mum and Dad a picture of her and her family at King's Cross (the Wizard kind). Her parents were on the verge of tears. Mycroft had gotten a watch, nothing special, but he seemed happy about it.

Before she knew it, it was time for Eve to go back to Hogwarts. The gang met up at Platform 9 and 3 Quarters and found themselves a compartment. All the way back, Sirius joked about how much his parents had hated the camera that Eve had bought him.

Back at school, things began to get hectic as the exams neared. Even Sirius was studying now. The boys and girls literally lived in the library only going back to their dorms for the slightest amount of sleep and to eat. Remus taught everyone History of Magic, because no one ever paid attention to that one particular class.

After weeks of studying, it was exam time. Lily and Eve were constantly asking questions to each other, and Remus was always into his book. After the exams got over, Eva told quite confidently that the exams were easier than she'd expected and Marlene got her Charms book to hit Eve on the nose.

Needless to say, the boys and Eve had planned a prank for their last day. Gryffindor was still on the lead, even though they lost the finals of the Quidditch cup. So, in order to commemorate their win, they decided that the prank should be grand. As soon as Dumbledore announced that Gryffindor had won the House Cup, the lights went out.

BOOM!

And then the lights (more like candles) were turned on. All the students of the other houses were now in Gryffindor colors. Not just robes, but skin too. Some of them now had blonde hair and red skins and vice-versa. Even though the Slytherin students shouted at the Gryffindors, the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were impressed and actually laughed at the prank. Dumbledore gave Eve a knowing smirk and told the students that the students who did the prank will definetly be found and given at least a month of detention.

But of course, Eve knew that Dumbledore would never do that, becuase he was impressed. Even Minnie was smiling at her, a smile that said 'I know you're the black sheep'. And that's how Eve spent her day, trying to figure out who else knew about the prank that she and her friends had done. And before she knew it, she back on the train to home.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And that's the end of the first year. Hope you guys liked it!