Chapter 15 - Quidditch And Girls' Night Out

It was the final Quidditch match: Gryffindor vs Slytherin.

Lily, Marlene and Alice were all wearing matching updos, all of their hairs dyed red (except Lily) and their faces painted yellow. It was something that all of them did every final match of the year, like a tradition.  They also held a huge banner that said 'GO GRYFFINDOR!' Lily was actually shouting. She didn't like Quidditch, but she was supporting her friends today.

Remus was standing next to the mic. He was the announcer for the day. "Okay, so let's get this over with. Mostly because I want the 5 Galleons Minnie has promised me as soon as possible. From Gryffindor, ladies and gentlemen, we have Potter, Longbottom, Smith, Johnson, Black, Wood AND Holmes!" The crowed roared with cheers. "From Slytherin, we have: Malfoy, Avery, Lestrange, Greengrass, Yaxley, Nott AND Black." The Slytherins cheered and the Gryffindors booed at the opponent team. "Captains Wood and Nott shake hands. Oooh, more like break hands. Well, anyway, the Quaffle is out, and the game is on!" The game continued and Gryffindor was leading at 40-10. Remus sweared constantly, which Eve found very surprising considering that he was the one who told her not curse in first year.

"Merlin's fuc-"

"Mr. Lupin!"

"-sorry Professor. That was a great catch by chaser James Potter, and the Quaffle is passed on to Smith. Smith dives the Bludger from Yaxley, and there she goes! Smith passes the Quaffle to Longbottom, and, Slytherin's got the Quaffle now, because Longbottom was too busy snogging my sister Alice during Quidditch practice. And the Quaffle's back to Gryffindor, after that brilliant Bludger attack from Beater Sirius Black. See, that's what practice does to you Longbottom. And Slytherin Seeker Black dives; apparently he's seen the snitch, but bloody hell, will you look at that! Gryffindor Seeker Holmes is headed right in the opposite direction! Fucking hell, will you look at that-"

"Lupin!"

"Realisation dawns on Regulus' face! His little stunt didn't fricking work. Happy, Minnie? So here we are, Holmes with a headstart on the Snitch, and Black follows.Oh, she's fuc-fricking close. And HOLMES CATCHES THE SNITCH! 150 points to Gryffindor! GRYFFINDOR WINS THE HOUSE CUP!"

Eve was engulfed into the biggest group hug ever as her team came running towards the ground. Within 2 minutes, the rest of the Gryffindor House was on the ground too, and all of them picked up Eve and threw her in the air. Not being a fan of crowds, Eve slipped away quietly the first chance she got. She was later joined by Sirius.

"Great game you played out there, Holmes."

"Thanks, you too." She said, and she realised that her cheeks were somehow red and she felt a little weird. Like, she was actually blushing.

She quickly toned down her emotions and ran up with the rest of the team to recieve the Quidditch Cup from Dumbledore. Minnie looked so proud. Remus was told that he'd been fired from the position due to his sarcastic wit, personal grudges on people and extensive use of swear words when excited. But he still got 5 Galleons.

Hours later, Eve, Lily, Marlene and Alice were walking through the corridors, with bottles of Butterbeer and other snacks that they had brought from the kitchen. It was their girls' night out. All of them went to the abandoned Transfiguration classroom and started to party very silently.

"Okay, Truth or Dare. It's been a long time," Marlene said, and everyone nodded at her.

"Me first," she continued "Lily. Truth or Dare?"

"Umm.. Dare."

"Okay, bold Gryffindor.  Keep 3 ice cubes in your mouth until they melt. Also, keep your mouth closed," Marlene said as she handed Lily 3 ice cubes. The girls giggled as they saw Lily struggling to keep her mouth closed and the ice cubes inside. After a few minutes, the ice cubes melted and it was Lily's turn to ask someone.

"Eve, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth. I don't want 3 ice cubes. I have very sensitive teeth."

"Okay, fine. I've wanted to ask you this question for a long time. Do you or do you not like Sirius Black? Not a like a friend, like, like like."

"Okay, first, there are too many likes there, and second, I don'think so. He has amazing eyes, great singing voice, like have you looked his eyes? It's like a little ocean, but if the ocean met sunrise. Like it's so fricking beautiful, you know? Why am I talking about his eyes?"

"Sounds like you fancy him to me," Lily said with a smile.

"You don't have to hide it from us, honey," Marlene said with a grin.

"You know what guys I've answered your question, and it's a no. It's a no. Now it's my turn to ask someone. Alice, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"Try to lick your elbow." The other girls laughed at Eve's dare, but Alice looked very red. Even as she continued to laugh, Eve remembered Sirius. His eyes. His hair. His voice.

"You are always there. And I always want you to be there. Please. Stay with me."

"'Til the end," she had told him.

Maybe, just, maybe. Maybe Lily was right.