Chapter 39 -Jingle Bells, Wedding Bells

As soon as the Battle Of The Three Countries ended, James did not waste any time. He proposed to Lily Evans within the next two weeks, and she had squealed out a 'yes'. Sirius looked towards Eve, checking whether she was expecting a proposal anytime soon. But Eve only showed delight for her friend as both of them hugged. Eve did want to marry Sirius. But she decided to go with the flow.

Christmas time approached New York. The place was covered in snow, and Eve was reminded of her time at Hogwarts, Potters' House and her old home. She visited her parents once a while, but it had been over 1 and a half years since Eva saw or had any contact both her brothers. She only hoped that they were doing well. On 15th December, Max and Medea got engaged, and Tina invited her and Sirius over for Christmas dinner on the 20th.

-------------------------------------------------

On 20th of December, Eve walked through the streets of New York with Sirius, 2 'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them' books in her hand, one for herself, and one for Remus, as she searched for Medea's parents' house. Medea's parents lived in a huge flat, unlike Eva and her. She was greeted in by Tina, and was introduced to Newt Scamander.

"Hello, you must be Evangeline, Medea's said a lot about you-"

Eve and Sirius fell on their knees dramatically in front of Mr. Scamander, "Oh! My Lord! I give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High," they said, slightly altering the verses of the Bible.

Mr. Scamander only looked at them with shock like a statue. Medea was holding in her laughter.

Tina muttered, "Why am I not surprised?" and went into the kitchen. Mr. Scamander was still staring at them in shock. Eve and Sirius burst out laughing, and high- fived each other. Medea joined in, and she hit her back on the wall from laughing too hard.

Mr. Scamander was still pretty shaken, and he stammered, "W-w-what?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, perhaps we should have explained it to you first. Well, you see, back at school, our friends and we made a bet with around 50 tasks. One of the tasks was saying the lines that we just told you," Eve explained, still laughing.

Mr. Scamander's face cracked into a small smile as he understood who he was meeting, "So you must be a part of the Marauders then?" Eve and Sirius nodded proudly.

"My boy has told me so much about your little group, he has," Mr. Scamander said, "pity he's working tonight at the Ministry." He showed the group the way to the living room, and he talked a bit about the current situation in London with Sirius and Eve.

"Mr. Scamander? Do you mind signing this book for my friend? He's a big fan. And one for me too," Eve said.

"O-oh that's not a problem. Let me go get a pen, I find them better than-"

"Quills?" Eve and Sirius said together, grinning, as they found a new member of their 'no quills' club.

"Y-yes," Scamander said and Eve did a little victory dance on the spot and handed Mr. Scamander a pen instead of a quill. Medea rolled her eyes. She was a quill lover.

"Do you like pens too?"

"Yes, can't stand quills, both of us. They are just so uncomfortable!" Eve whined.

"Tell me about it," he chuckled, "what's the name of this friend of yours then?"

"Remus, Remus Lupin," Eve said. She could finally pay back to him for all those lecture notes that he had given her. Mr. Scamander signed both the books and gave it to her. Eve volunteered to help Tina make food, and taught her the secret to the fluffiest pancakes in the world even though they weren't making any. 

-------------------------------------------------

After a hearty dinner and loads of jokes, Sirius and Eve bid goodbye to the Scamanders and left for Eve's apartment. As they walked through the streets, Eve leaned on Sirius shoulder, and he slid his arm around her waist. They walked through Central Park and sat on a bench.

"This place is beautiful, right?" Sirius said, and Eve nodded.

"Maybe we could settle down here once we finish travelling the world," Sirius continued and Eve chuckled. Both of them sat in peace as they looked around at children playing with their parents in the snow. Sirius looked at Eve as she closed her eyes, absorbing the beauty around them. It was time.

"Eve, will you marry me?" Sirius asked suddenly. Eve was taken aback.

"What has happened to my over dramatic Sirius Black?" she asked, and Sirius chuckled. He stood up, took a box out of his pocket, and opened it. Inside was a beautiful red stone ring, with the crest of the Ancient House Of Black. Sirius got down on one knee, and said,

"Evangeline Grace Scott Holmes, we've known each other for the past 8 years, and been together for 4, and with you in it, my life has never been better. I love you because you were always there for me, I love you because you made me a better person. I love you because, I probably wouldn't have made it up to 15 without you in my life. I love you, you are an amazing person who is not afraid to go after something. I love you, and I know you'll be there for me everyday and everytime you hold my hand. I love you, Evie. I love you so much, that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Eve stood in shock for a moment, "Did you seriously call me Evangeline Grace Scott Holmes?" Sirius chuckled at Eve.

"Well, to answer your question, yes, Sirius Orion Black, I will marry yo- Oh my god!" Sirius had pulled Eve into hug the moment she had said yes. She held onto him for a moment and he pulled back. He slid ring onto her finger. "Where'd you even bloody get this?" Eve asked.

"Well, sometimes, when you run away from home, you steal things to spite your parents," Sirius said with a smile, "The gem was originally an emerald, but I replaced it with a red diamond that my Uncle Alphard left for me," he said proudly, and Eve grinned at him. She pulled him in for a deep kiss, and a few seconds later, a small child came towards them and said, "You' re gonna get cooties! Stand apart!" Eve and Sirius looked at the kid, and burst out laughing as his embarrassed parents whispered angrily to him, muttered a congratulations and left.

Lily's wedding was in a few days, and Eve was excited to show her ring to her best friend.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so happy to finally write a happy chapter! Reminder to vote.