Part 41 - I Spy With My Eye..

August 01

Sirius took the child from Eve. He had his mother's eyes, and he had his father's hair.

"Sirius, Eve, we want you to be godparents."

"You want me to be his - Dogfather?"

Eve rolled her eyes at Sirius and laughed along with him.

Ever since James' wedding, things had been going smoothly round the globe. However, there were also a few disadvantages.

The McKinnons were killed by Voldemort. Eve had found out that a Death Eater meeting was to be held at the old Lestrange Mausoleum after thorough interrogation of a Death Eater. But, when Sirius, along with the other Aurors went to check the place at the given time and date, there had been no one. Many cases like this occured in the Order, and Dumbledore had come to a conclusion. There was a spy in the team.

A few months after the wedding, James and Lily had announced that they were pregnant, and everyone had celebrated the news even though they had been tensed up about Voldemort and their failed plans. Eve had gone back to shouting her mantra, "Don't see, observe!" during the nights, and Medea always ended up shouting at her.

---------------------------------------------------

Present day, 29 October. (the next year)

"The three of you have been given a mission," Tina said as Medea, Max and Eve entered the room.

"Funny, I hadn't figured that out yet," Eve said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Tina rolled her eyes.

"You are to take some of Polyjuice Potion, become fake Death Eaters, and spy on them, send us a signal when they're most vulnerable so we can ambush them. We have recieved private information from the Japanese Ministry of Magic that there will be a meeting at the old Graves' Mansion. The first thing you do is make sure you're not too close to You-Know-Who, and make sure you talk just like Rosier, Bonneville and Suess. All of you have interrogated them, I expect you know how their behaviour is?"

"Idiotic, blatant supremacist baboons, that what we talkin' bout?" Medea asked, and Eve smiled proudly at her friend.

"Yes, idiotic, blantant supremacist baboons. That's how you'll have to behave. You'll be going tomorrow morning, understood?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Also, you'll have fake Dark Marks etched on your skin tonight. They'll disappear the next day."

"Yup, got it."

---------------------------------------------------

All of them went outside, and closed the door. They left the MACUSA headquarters, their faces emotionless. Then-

"Yes! Oh my god, it's Christmas!"

"Finally! Took them long enough!"

"Time to shine, ladies,"

All of them celebrated at the thought of finally going on a new mission, instead of the boring paperwork that had been stuffed into their desks every morning. After all, they were Aurors. They had signed up for this.

That night, Eve racked her brains one last time before going to bed. Who could it be, who could it be, who could it be, who could it be? Who was the damn spy?

---------------------------------------------------

October 31, Morning.

The next day, the Trio of Death Eaters grinned at each other before parting ways at the old abandoned Graves' Mansion. And the information had been correct this time. She roamed about, trying to mingle, just like Rosier would.

"Hey! Rosier! Up here you come!" Rosier walked up to the lot, a smirk on his face.

"Heard you got into trouble at the MACUSA? How'd ya get out?"

"Oh, please, Greyback. It's easy to do anything as long as your rich and you're a pureblood. It's the filthy Mudbloods that can't do anything about it," he said, his voice drawling and dull.

"Of course you'd say that. I'm surprised they didn't give you an Order of Merlin for Services to the Ministry," he said.

"Well, I can assure you that it's on it's way, dearie," he replied.

Eve (Rosier) looked around, trying to find any faces that could be possible spies in the Order. Don't see, observe, she thought. She scanned the crowd. People were still coming in, and Voldemort was still no where to be found. 

"So, when's the Dark Lord comin'? Got a little thing to do later in the day," Rosier said.

"Please, everyone knows what your thing is, snogging wome-"

"Private matters in privacy, also no one says snogging anymore, you're not a child are you? Now that you mention it, it is the right word for you, Pratt." he said, his voice unamused.

"Well, I reckon he'll be here in an hour or so," Greyback said, trying to not laugh at Pratt.

Don't see, observe. Who could the spy be? Are they here? Rosier took a glass of Firewhiskey from the tables and saw Snape standing in one corner, talking to Avery. They made eye contact, and Rosier's face frowned on it's own. Snape walked towards Rosier, as he left Avery and headed towards the table.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Rosier asked, "Awfully familiar face you have there."

"Well, I studied in Hogwarts too. 2 years younger than you, Rosier. You taught me how to use the Levitation spell in 1st year," Snape replied.

"I did now, did I? Well, you better be grateful, young man. Not many times old Rosier helps someone out. Is that Avery there? Remember talking with him." Snape nodded, "I'll talk to him later. Got better work to do." 

---------------------------------------------------

The place became quiet. Voldemort had just flown in.

"Ahh, my dear gentlemen. Yes, today, I am happy. Today is the day we all celebrate our advanced victory. I have come to know of some new news that will help me build our empire stronger than ever. I have clerverly planted spies, and Dumbledore will never, never be able to stop us, even with his little Order of idiots." The crowd laughed as Voldemort continued, "To the downfall of Mudbloods!" he said, as he raised a glass of firewhiskey, drank it, and disappeared.

Something snapped in Eve's head. Spies in Dumbledore's Order of Idiots. Cleverly. Clearly, not so clever.

Who had zero casualties at the Battle of Three Countries? Even Japan had been attacked from the outside, and so was Canada. Bulgaria? Nothing that Eve knew about. Remus and Lily had actually gone to inform their Ministries about a possible attack. Peter did not. Peter had not been with Remus, Sirius or Eve when Harry was born. In fact, he rarely talked to the old lot. He liked to wear long sleeves, and sweaters even in the summer.

Oh my God.

---------------------------------------------------

Happy realization day to you (clap clap clap clap)

Happy realization day, happy realization day,

Happy realization day to you!

Vote, please.