80. Moving Forward

Kubra

I don't know how long I slept, but felt great waking up, stretching out, yawning. Moving in the bed, I turned to Charlene's side of the room. She wasn't there. I checked my watch, groaning. I had slept too long. It was almost six in the morning. I had slept for ten hours. I yawned again.

"Why am I so tired?"

"Maybe it's because you can actually relax." Her tiny voice said. Charlene came out of the bathroom. I got up and stepped past her, closing the door. I seriously needed to pee and take a shower. Half an hour later, I left the bathroom with only a towel around my waist. I was moving so slowly. I had sat under the water for the longest time. Charlene was startled seeing me like that. I didn't know if I had done something wrong. Her eyes darted everywhere, trying to find a place to fix on. But they came back to me eventually. I peered down at my body and looked up at her. "What?"

"Nothing." She said, sighing at the same time.

"I can take her if you want to get cleaned up."

"Thanks, that would be great."

"Let me just get dressed. I went back into the bathroom and put my clothes on. My mouth felt iffy. I needed a toothbrush and eyed Charlene's.

"Do you mind if I used your toothbrush?"

There was a small giggle. "No. Not at all." I shrugged and pushed the brush into my mouth, yawning again.

Coming out, I took Miné from her. We made our way outside, taking a walk up and down the road, checking out what was available in that tiny little town. All I needed was underwear, a few shirts, jeans and slacks. I stared at my boots. I didn't think I could put them on again. Charlene didn't like the smell. Maybe socks and some sneakers.

After half an hour, I opened the door again and walked into the room. Charlene was watching the news while brushing her teeth, sitting on the side of the bed. I didn't think she would use it again. My gaze dropped to her chest, only wrapped in a towel. Fixed above her breasts. I held my breath. Wet hair... I knew how she felt when she saw me without a shirt or coming out of the shower.

"What?" She asked.

"Are you mocking me? This is not the same?"

"How do you figure... Are you one of those men who think women shouldn't be sexual? Or notice a guy dripping wet... Just wrapped in a towel. A woman's thoughts should be pure and chaste. Just for their husbands." She dramatically put her hand on her heart.

"I've never had a girlfriend... How should I know?"

She chuckled, her laugh growing louder.

"What?"

"Is that all you know how to say?"

"What?"

She fell back on the bed in pieces. The towel pulled up till above her thighs, not noticing. Yeah, that was my cue. Slowly, I turned around, but not before glancing back at her legs. She had amazing legs. My eyes ran from her feet to her claves and stopped at her thighs. I shook myself, knowing she was watching me. I wasn't going to catch her eye. Not yet.

***

Charlene

I had such a good sleep. When Miné woke up at five-thirty, I couldn't believe it. We had both actually relaxed and slept through the night.

I smiled when I saw Kubra coming in, with Miné pausing as he saw me in a towel. I did it deliberately. A dose of his own medicine. Pulling off his clothes in the store! Coming out of the bathroom like we've just had a one-night stand. He was so hot. Ripped muscles. Pecks to die for and abs. I stopped brushing for a second, thinking about it. After laughing at him for not being able to control himself, I stood up and walked to the bathroom to rinse out the toothpaste. I got dressed and called him into the room. "What time do you want to get out of here."