93. Helping An Old Friend

Soren

Since Louis came back from his world tour. I avoided being anywhere he would be. I was at the bookstore most days anyway, shipping off all the stock and selling it, giving the money to Juliet. So she could buy sweets. She is sweet.

There were weekly travels to En-gannin. My family's date was set for the Friday at the end of that month.

I had told Juliet that it was closure. But... for me, it was anything but. It had muddled me into a useless pile of desperation. I wasn't going to be an ass and go begging for more, putting her on the spot, or face Louis's wrath. But I couldn't get her out of my mind. She was all over me. She had been all over me for two weeks while Louis was on his tour. We had spent so much time together. I couldn't concentrate, thinking about all we had done. All I had to do was stay away for another two weeks. I had stayed away for three weeks... "You can do this, Soren."

***

I laughed at myself standing in front of the Red gates before I could convince myself how stupid I was being. Before I could even think about it... Addicted already. It was mid-morning, so the chances that Louis would be there...

"Hey!" I spun around.

"Where did you come from?" My head darted nervously left and right. Juliet laughed at me. I was being stupid.

"You know I might have been nervous before, but you act like a real goof. Scared that my husband would catch us in the act." I ran my hand through my hair, trying to get it out of my face. Juliet grabbed onto me, putting her finger on my mouth.

"Nobody knows about us. Right now, we're both invisible." She whispered. My heart accelerated as Louis exited the gates, yelling at Liam. "Tell her I'll be gone for a week."

"Tell her you're self." Liam's voice came from inside. Liam was angry. Louis swore under his breath, muttering as he walked off.

"Shhh." Her finger pressed harder onto my lips. We stood really close, and my thoughts wandered until Louis got in the car and left.

"When will you tell him?"

She shrugged.

"Should I help you with your denial, Julie?"

Her eyes narrowed. "How would you be able to help me?"

"How can you say that? You don't even give anyone a chance. You haven't even told him. Not about the baby or about me."

"Soren! I'm leaving for the weekend. Are you coming with me or not? Louis won't come even if I asked him."

"Prove it."

She took out her phone and called him.

"Hey, Baby. I was looking for you." Louis's voice comes through on speaker.

"Yeah... I was talking to someone. Louis, I need to go help Nick move this weekend. Today actually. Will you come? Please." Her voice was desperate. Pleading... So soft.

He was too quiet at the other end. There was hesitation, followed by only silence. "I can't, baby. I'm sorry."

She killed the call. She mocked crushed the phone in her hand. Teeth clenched. She lets loose a string of curse words... I had only made it worse. It wasn't like she was living in a fantasy world. There were so many things that happened to her. I couldn't help myself. "We could walk." Her eyes shot up to mine. She basically grabbed my hand and slipped her fingers into mine.

"Make for a good time for counseling. I'll unburden myself to you. It's not like I can go to a human psychologist and tell him everything."

We stared at each other... "You could, actually. The whole world knows." We both laughed. "But they would lock you up." She punched me in the shoulder. I smiled and then smirked. "Hey, can you have sex anywhere being invisible?" She laughed and hit me again. I complained, squeezing her hand.