97. Invitation

Juliet, Seven Months Pregnant

Ahasuerus

"Did everything go well with the campaign?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Send the Riphaths home safe? Any casualties." Kubra shook his head.

I had dispensed with the formalities. Kubra and I were sitting down on some couches in my office. Since Qadir went to Earth, I had many things brought over to make our lives easier. We didn't have fertile soil like Earth. No trees.

But what we didn't have in natural beauty, we had in minerals and precious stones. All the elements needed to advance in technology. Almost every continent was rich in mining and liquids that helped us create the teleporters. Medical advanced technology... The list went on and on.

My hand ran over the leather. It was soft... Cows had their uses.

The door to my study opened. Marcus came closer. He was taken aback when he saw Kubra. Neither of them knew why they were there. Kubra got up and bowed in front of my grandson. The ones face as stoic as the others. No emotion was shown. Marcus ignored him... like he should. Marcus bowed as well, but he went to the floor. I felt he bended too easily. Did it even mean anything? I released Marcus. He sat next to Kubra across from me.

"Juliet is coming to En-gannim... Kubra, will you send out the invitation."

Rising to his feet, he exited the study face towards us.

Marcus didn't seem to have any feelings about it. "How have you been finding Nahrima? We haven't spoken in a while...."

"It's stunning. Even if the seas are poisonous, it still makes the stark contrast to the white sands spectacular. It's so large that I have not been everywhere. A large enterprise all by itself."

"Unlike Earth, En-gannim does not have that much diversity. Have you seen all the different areas?" He nodded. "Have you been studying?"

"Yes, Sir."

"It's been months... You haven't asked to see Juliet or if you could go visit. How is Louis fairing... running the compound?"

"He is doing well. Our relations with the Earth are steadily being secured."

He avoided talking about Juliet in front of me. Thwarted my questions about her. Without the watcher technology, it was hard to get a handle on the boy. With the patience he had shown, you would not even know where his head was at. Marcus had shown himself diligent, and only good reports had come in from all over En-gannim. He never sat still, and I had even let it go if he wanted to talk to his grandmother.

"That's good."

Marcus was busy on a plate in his hands, and I was ready to discuss whatever he would bring to my attention.

***

Juliet

For the last three months, Louis had worked from home. He was desperately trying to make it up to me. He saw Rodrigo regularly to govern his new ability and ease up the turning. Our relationship had become work. He was right. It was just the two of us. It wasn't like our relationship was fun. We couldn't leave whenever we wanted. He was needed daily somewhere. Strangely, I was okay with my life being a little boring... Louis didn't touch me, and Carl had moved into Marcus's room to have a second person there at night. He wasn't taking any chances.

Being able to sit with Louis the whole day was enough... There was holding... A lot of massages and foot rubs. Whatever I was craving was brought to me in bed, where I parked watching TV.