145. The First Murder

Juliet

Well, I had my first duty as queen. Michael and I were in a room full of generals who at least knew us. He was leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees. Even though I was angry with him and we had some issues, I could see he wasn't taking it well. The girl he killed in the club was the subject of the meeting. Her parents were there, and we couldn't really solve it in a courtroom.

"We want justice." The mother shouted with a tissue in her hand.

"If they get away with it now, they will never stop picking us off." The father said.

"Can we compensate you? He is a baby and didn't know what he was doing." I said it so they would understand. I couldn't really make it about Michael at that moment or coddle his creature side.

"Then he shouldn't have been there. Why was he in a club talking to a human woman?"

"We are all half-human. You can't exclude us from the Earth like we don't belong here. There is a reason all the worlds are connected, and he is the proof."

The parents were quietly thinking. "There is nothing you can give us that will equal the death of a child." The father said under his breath. "But... it's because you are a child! How could you ever understand." The father jumped up. "I can't talk to her... It's not right that their whole world is in the hands of a kid."

"You don't have children... You're not a mother yet. You have no idea how we are feeling." The mother said.

"Let me put this scenario before you... What if your daughter did sleep with him, and she got pregnant and had a baby with him. The baby would have been half-creature... And what if we were not on Earth and there was no food for aliens here... Would you let the baby starve?"

They were quiet again. "If this is about humans dying or children ruling, it's one thing. But if you're saying it's about losing someone close to you? I can warrant the same thing... He is not in control of himself."

"You should know better. He should get the death penalty... If there are consequences for humans, there should be for aliens..." Exasperated, the father threw his hands into the air. "I don't want to talk to you anymore!"

"Seriously. This is not the first time someone's child has died in the last hundred years. Us being here has made Earth better. Accidents happen."

Michael had been trying to say something for the past half-hour, but I kept him quiet with my branding power. It was an emotional feeling I had. As if he was tugging on my insides... I sat down, putting my hand on his leg. "When the news first came out. The government told everyone that it was a necessary evil. People accepted it. What is different now?"

The two parents were really done dealing with me. My gaze traveled to the generals around the table. "We need to talk alone."

America { Kubra escort them out }

A moment later.

America { Juliet, we've discussed it and... The only thing that would make the people happy... Is if you all removed from Earth for some time }

Russia { We will still work with you, and many people are standing with you. But we have to show them how it would be when you are not here }

"That's not so bad. I had expected worse."

Michael took my hand in his.

China { There are a lot of people signing up for the space program who all want to see the different planets. Scientist. Biologist. Families that wish to relocate }