105. Qadir Vs. Juliet

March 2024

Juliet

Seeing Michael so close, touching him... losing him again a month ago... Had all of us on edge. With Marcus the way he was at that moment, I wasn't really myself. It was my twentieth birthday that day, and all of us were at the arena at the barracks. Louis and I had built a Colosseum. A fighting ring for full moons. It would rack in so much money that we could sustain everyone at the compound.

The werewolves were all too happy to fight. Some of the women also wanted in on the action. So we created a women's division for vamps and wolves. It was going to be epic fights. Bragging rights. And the humans ate it up like candies.

We had good seats. Even Rodrigo and Agatha were there to celebrate with me. It was funny walking around the humans. No one knew who was who. Charlene and I were taking a walk.

The first part of the show was the cages, of course. Seeing the werewolves manifested like that was the best thing. Only the fighting wolves were there. Displayed... The others were still safely guarded in the mountain behind my old house.

We started at the lightweights. The men were on one side and the women on the other. The room where the vamp fighters sat was glassed. So that the humans had a good view. They were not allowed to de-manifest for show purposes.

There was betting on the fights. So you could choose both your victor and the wolf they were going up against. Or the other way around. It was the first night. Opening night. The buzz was insane.

In the distance were strobe lights. You could hear the music. Some people went dancing beforehand, waiting for their fights. A club with DJs all night long. In the desert. A place where you could tent or park an RV.

I kinda never wanted to leave Earth again. I felt more human than I ever had. Desperately wanted to dance the night away. We were going to wait to see what the night held for us. I felt guilty being out. Qadir nor Michael had surfaced yet.

Louis and everyone forced me to take one night to have some fun. So I agreed, letting myself off the hook.

Charlene and I passed Francesco first. Tier one. He was one of the lower-down fighters. Never really into it, but he still enjoyed the financial gain. After that was Ben tier two. "Oh my soul, these guys are ugly like this," Charlene said.

"Have you ever seen me when I manifest? My nose becomes two dark slits up my face."

"Yeah, and you are prettier than that." Charlene mocked Ben, who rammed the cage. She yelled, jumping back. The guards wanted to say something, but Jessy was still trailing me. Even if it was far behind. I laughed at her. Jessy also had a smile on his face.

"Will Miné have to do this?"

"Hell yeah! I'll train her."

Charlene hit me in the shoulder. "What if she isn't like that."

"Then we'll take her to the mall." We both laughed. "You know what we should do... Have you do shots at your guy. Selfies and a meet and greet after."

"I have come prepared, my friend." My eyes danced excitedly. She opened up her tiny purse. Took out a steel flask.

"I'm impressed. What is it?"

"Taste it... it's your favorite."

"Oh yes... Thank you. Just to take that edge off before a good fight."

I walked down a few cages. We stopped outside Mateo's gate for a second. "You, my friend. Are my wolf for the night. I know it's you and Kubra again... But please, can you not embrace me."