Twenty-Seventh Part

May 29th, 2005

Dear Diary,

I'm writing to you on the plane to Australia, with Hermione seated beside me.

I was supposed to go ahead of her to finish my training but guess what, something happened. More precisely, Minerva McGonagall happened.

She invited me and Hermione for tea the day before my planned departure and honestly, seeing the castle again was a maelstrom of emotions, even more, when Ron turned up as well.

And then, she asked if I had ever dealt with acromantulas before, which earned me an eye-roll when I mentioned Ron and I's expedition in the Forest.

She then, bluntly, offered to hire me to deal with that very colony. Apparently, since Aragog's death and the attack on Hogwart, it had been spreading and had only not attacked the castle again thanks to the centaurs' efforts. Efforts that had slowed down dramatically as they healed back from their little civil war (battle?)

After much discussion, we decided against killing the bunch of them, even though that was Ron's first choice. We ended ferrying them all to an island at the other end of the Black Lake. Mione was able to convince Minerva (it still feels strange to call her that, but the glare I received when I tried to call her Professor is enough to continue to try) to collect their leftover silk and give it to me as a payment.

It will be great underneath my scale armour, don't be mistaken, but it felt wrong to take anything from the school when I would have helped for free.

In any case, I'm going back to the old bastard Bindu after tomorrow to finish my training.

See you later,

Harry

P.S. Mione, bless her, reminded me of the basilic corpse beneath the school and had me contract the goblins to render whatever might be left of it. It will apparently be sent by the end of the month. She promised me to take a picture of her parent's faces.

Harry Potter's journeyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें