Forty-Seventh Part

September 26th, 2007

Dear Diary,

I'm cursed. Or something to that effect anyway. Cursed with the worst best luck of the world.

You have already noticed the time-lapse since my last entry, well you have Reema to thank for that. Turns out Ben was just the front and his 'wife' the brain behind it all. This caravan that we were on, was in fact an elven products smuggling in the making.

I don't know the details, but what was strapped to the camels were bags full of elf hears, jars of their blood, whole sheets of their skin that had been transformed into leather, some weapons crafted and enhanced by their people, and even a full head.

To make it short, Mione and I asked for more details about the situation on the morning of the 19th. Bad call, it seems, as I woke up what seemed like the next morning, alone, buried to my neck in sand. I was able to get out by transforming into my animagus form, even though I had what looked like anti-magic handcuffs on.

Turned out they were not only fake but were in fact my transfigured staff. Thanks to that, I was able to follow them. I caught up to the caravan. I had been asleep for a whole week in the sand, a powerful magically enhanced Gaz keeping me out of it.

The very reason the lot of them are alive is because of Ben, in a way. He apparently had taken a liking and respect to us and had given me a chance of survival by transfiguring my staff (something you can only do with another staff of the kind, like his Summoner Staff) and handcuffed me with it. He also "kept Mione for himself", making her fake sound of being raped instead of letting others have a turn at her.

When I caught up to them, just as they were nearing Cairo, he also let me deal with his whole caravan, including his wife, who apparently is a "former Widow", whatever that means.

I was barely standing on my feet when I was done, but he let me and Mione go, telling me he would catch up to us after I had recuperated from dehydration.

Mione got us to Cairo and, just like he promised, Ben found us again after two weeks. It might have been the toughest fight I have ever had, but in the end, I've beaten him. We apparently have to stay until his trial as witnesses, so I've taken to the hotel's pool and Mione to Alexandria's library (which makes me fear for the worst)

Until such a time where I'll successfully extract my wife from the world's largest library

Harry