Sixty-Fourth Part

January 21st, 2009

Dear Diary,

You only know me by name, and I know that this is dad's journal, but I really needed someone to talk to, but Teddy refuses to talk to me right now and both mom and uncle Ron are out.

Dad and I fought earlier, about me wanting to go hang out with my friends, even if I have a test tomorrow morning and really should study. I got angry. And I started yelling. And then... then I yelled that he couldn't stop me from going because he isn't my real father.

It's the first time that I ever saw dad cry. I immediately regretted my words, but before I could say anything else, he got this empty look in his eyes, and just nodded, told me that I could go out if I wanted, but that if I wasn't back home at 10 pm, he would come looking, because that was his job as my guardian.

I feel so bad right now. I've hurt dad, I know I did, but I don't know what to do to apologize for something like that. And Teddy is so angry at me. I'm sure mom and uncle Ron would be too. What am I going to do, Diary? I didn't want to hurt dad. And I didn't even really want to go with my friends, only because they said that only losers would miss the party. But that's not really worth it if it means that I've got to hurt my family to get to it.

I think I'll at least go try to apologize, even if I can't really make it back to dad, at least he'll know that I didn't really mean it. He is my dad. He takes care of me. He protects me, even from myself. He loves me, I know he does, and that's why it hurt that much when I yelled those awful words at him. But I love him! I love him very much! And I hope he still loves me enough to forgive me.

I really hope so

Delphini