Sixty-Fifth Part

January 22nd, 2009

Dear Diary,

Del came and apologized to me. And I forgive her. After she yelled at me, I called Arthur, the only parental figure I still really have, and talked with him about it. He told me that it was normal, for teenagers, to rebel and that it was bound to happen for my kids to challenge the boundaries I set for them. Then Del came on the terrasse and apologized to me, begging for my forgiveness.

I took her in my arms and I think we both cried a river or two. Each.

We talked about it, explained ourselves, and made a promise to each other. If we ever get angry to the point of yelling, we'll stop and call for a break, before we hurt each other again.

She fell asleep in my arms, and Teddy came soon after. All three of us fell asleep there, and even if my body is sore from having these two on my laps all night, today was one of the best mornings I've had in a long time. Teddy also made up with his sister, so there's that too.

Also, I've been promised dinner for tonight, as a way to make up for it. I stress that I said that it wasn't necessary, but Del insisted, and who am I to refuse her delicious falafels without having to make the dishes, right?

What a night...

Harry