Fifty-Sixth Part

May 30th, 2008

Dear Diary,

Two incredible things happened today. First, two giant men, one of them being completely green-skinned, had a brawl in Harlem, only a few streets from my home.

I was escorting Mr. St-Laurent, the ICW representative, to his home from a meeting when a huge SUV literally landed in front of us. Dom (Dominic Lucas, the designated driver of our rotation) barely had time to break. We saw the two brawlers, we immediately thought of giants, but when they spoke, we quickly realized that they, somehow, were humans.

On Mr. St-Laurent's order, we helped wherever we could, evacuating people left and right as the green man tried to stop the other one. In the end, Hulk (as it turns out he is called) beat him and the general that was in charge of capturing him, lets him go.

We, unfortunately, had to get out of there before we could try and speak to Hulk, but something tells me I'll see him again one day.

As for the second thing that happened, Delphini hugged me. It was clearly a spur of the moment, but the way she and Teddy barreled through the house when I exited the elevator made me incredible. Mione and the kids had been following the events on TV and had spotted me in the background, 'Way too fucking close than I should have been from this monstrous fistfight' according to my wife, but if it earned me a hug from my daug-charge, than I'm happy to have done it.

Delphini quickly realized what she was doing after a few seconds of thought, but she only took her arms back, looking shyly to the ground. I think I reacted okay, putting my hand on her shoulder to tell her that I was happy to see her too. For her credit, she nodded and only moved when I entered fully into the house. She never did let go of my hand as we watched a movie afterward thought.

I think I'm doing okay. Maybe.

In any case, I'll write you later.

Harry