Prologue

Since I can remember, I've always been silent. Even toward my own parents. They've done nothing wrong, I know they love me. I just don't like to talk.

I don't like to talk because of many things. Rumors can start, you can be misheard, you can also be misjudged. Talking could also be annoying to some people.

Sooner or later my parents began to make assumptions about me. Telling people I was deaf and that I couldn't hear anything they were saying. At first, I thought that this was wrong, and that I should clear it up with people. But then, people who thought I was deaf, began to talk. They talked of all shorts of things, some good and some bad. And they had no idea I could hear them.

It was like I had a new superpower like the people in the books I read. I knew almost every little secret about anyone. I knew who people liked, I knew who they hated. I knew when someone was about to do something. I knew everything.

This made me happy. It made me happy to know that everyone thought I was deaf. It meant that if someone wanted to harm me or do something wrong, I could prevent it. It meant that if I ever needed to blackmail someone, I could do it.

That was until my parents began to worry about me. I was now in my early 20s and still had no husband. No man wanted a women they couldn't speak to. So they began to seek help.

That's when not only did I begin to fall in love, but my world also began to fall.

--------------------------------------------------------------
So this story won't have a scheduled update time. I will publish chapters when I get time to do so. Hope you find this book interesting.