(19) Why?

Douma Pov

I sat in my room like I've have for the past month or so. Y/n hasn't come back, even after her ceremony. Makes me think she really did forget about me.

"Sir, your members are waiting for you." One of my servants said, peaking into my room.

"Tell them I'll be there in a bit. I need a moment or two."

"Alright...." The servant said as they walked out of my room.

I stood up and went to my bathroom and looked at my mirror. I looked horrible, even though I have been eating half the amount more I usually eat. Stress eating is what humans call it. Y/n would do it sometimes when she was upset.

"Just smile Douma. Just smile like you always have." I said to myself as I used my fingers to make myself smile.

I walked out to the main room and greeted my followers. They lined up and like always told me their troubles and such. And like always I kept calm and smiled. Except this time I was forcing myself to smile.

Once everyone left two people returned to me. In which I led them to my room and ate them. I didn't find much pleasure in eating them this time.

"I miss Y/n. I wish she would come back." I said to myself.

Once it hit night I walked outside and looked at the lotus Y/n had planted. They needed a bit of a touch up so I fix them. I moved on with the other flowers she grew in my backyard over the months.

Once I was finished with the flower in the backyard I started to walk down the mountain. I then walked to the secret garden Y/n showed me. I've made it a habit of coming here to take care of the flowers since she couldn't do it herself.

"Wolf's bane was one of her favorites, as well as Digitalis and Hollyhocks. Though she would always wear gloves with Wolf's bane because of how poisonous it was. And yet she loved it because it was beautiful." I said touching the Wolf's bane.

"Why do you wear those gloves while you touch that flower?"

"Well Douma, this is Wolf's bane and it is poisonous."

"Well then why do you grow it? Wouldn't you possibly die from it?"

"Yes I might die if I'm careless, but it's such a beautiful flower."

"Maybe that's why she stayed with me, because I was pretty. And yet once she found out I was something dangerous, she still stayed with me. It seems me and this flower have more in common then I thought."

I finished up working and walked back up to my temple. I walked past my room and went into Y/n's room. It wasn't much, but she made the most out of it.

I layed in her bed and picked up one of her plushies her parents gave her before I killed them. I hugged it as I layed there. I then began to feel something wet on my face.

I reach up to my face to see where it was coming from. The wetness on my face was tears coming from my eyes. I was indeed crying, something I haven't done in so long.

I curled up into a ball holding the plush tight in my arms. It still had the scent of flowers on it from Y/n. I began to cry more, along with sniffles and shakes.

"Please come back Y/n. I want you back."

(Not me crying as I write this)

Y/n pov

It has been a couple of days since I became a demon. Akaza has been a big help when it comes to food and training. Though something doesn't feel right.

"Hey, you good? Your spacing out again." Akaza said as he waved his hand infont of my face.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I said going back to punching the tree I was training on.

"Have you figured out you Blood demon art yet?" Akaza said going back to his tree.

"Not yet, I feel like I'm missing something."

"That's somewhat common among some demons. Kokushibo needs his sword to preform his. Hantengu needs to split up his body to do multiple attacks. And that one lower moon needs his guns. Maybe you just need something to kick it off." Akaza explained.

"Yeah but what exactly. Do I need to protect someone? Do I need to obtain a special object or something?" I said punching harding into the tree.

"Look," Akaza said as he held onto my shoulder, "There is no need in stressing about it, okay."

"Well then how the hell am I suppose to defeat Douma? I can somewhat defeat you with just my fist but that's not enough."

Akaza just sighed as he let go of my shoulder.

"The only way you will be able to reach upper moon level is if you eat and train more. And it takes time, a lot of time. The only exception was with Daki and Gyutaro. Just don't let the power go to your head, that will eventually lead you to your downfall." Akaza said as he went back to his tree.

We finished our training and went back to where we were staying. Akaza had his own room while I had mine. As I sat in my room I thought about what Akaza had said. Maybe I need to go to a place that I had a connection to when I was a human.

I sat on my bed and began to think about my life as a human. It's been getting more difficult as the months went by to remember things in that life.

'Alright, I got to think....... Douma.... I stayed with Douma mostly, up on a mountain. In a temple, right? Yeah......' I thought as much as I could.

'Thats......all I can think of.' I let out a sigh. "Crap. Well this was no help." I said to myself. "Maybe I'm just not ment to remember."

I left the idea behind and went on doing whatever till night come again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope I didn't make anyone sad because of Douma 😅 But I can assure you that Douma will be happy once again. Also next chapter I'll put a Mori pov to update you guys on his life.

I have many plans put out and I will eventually start rolling into the manga. So next chapter will include some things about the fan manga that was put out a little after Demon slayer finished.

So if you haven't read that there will be some spoilers for that. Then maybe one or two chapter after that I'll be going off of the manga sort of. For Mori that is.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter and have a good night/day.