(3) First Day

I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

"You there, go get stuff set up for our guest. We only have a few hours to prepare." Douma said talking to the man. The man ran off to who knows were.

"Now, since I can't really talk to you I guess I'll have to use this." Douma said as he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from a table next to his seat.

He began to write down a bunch of stuff. He sometimes pause to think to himself, and then wrote whatever he was thinking down. Then sometime later he handed me the paper and pointed out some things that said 'now look up at me' or 'stop here till I say so'.

'You will be staying here till I fulfill what has been asked of me. I believe that you and I will become best friend by the time your stay has ended.'

I looked up at him and he motion me to follow him. He led me down the hallway and stopped infront of two doors. He turned back to me and pointed back at the paper.

'The door to the left is my room. And the door to the right is were you will be staying. It may be a bit plain to your taste. But I promise you that it will become move 'you' once you start decorating it.'

I looked back up and looked around to memorize exactly were this was in the hallway. My eyes then caught another door all by itself. I tapped his shoulder and pointed toward the door. He then looked over to where I was pointing and pointed to a different section of my paper. It was as if he knew I would ask about it.

'That is the only room your not allowed to go in. If you do you might see something that you wish you hadnt.'

I looked back up at him and all he did was wink. 'This guy.' I thought.

After he showed me around the place I started to wonder if I could leave. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down my question and handed it to Douma.

He read over it and held out his hand for the pen I had and began to write down his answer. He then handed it back to me and it read,

'Yes you can go outside of the temple. But it must be at night only that way I can accompany you and make sure you don't run off. And if you want to go anywhere make sure you tell me first so I can make sure I have time to go with you.'

And with that I just nodded and began to walk away. Before I had gotten a few steps away from him he was at my side and looking at my face.

'How did he get to me so fast?' I wondered.

He then pointed to his seat in the main room and then pointed back at him then me. He then guided me to the platform his seat was on and motion me to step onto it. He pulled out a pillow and set it beside his chair and pointed to it.

I sat on my legs on the pillow as he sat himself in his chair. A person soon came in, bowed, then asked, "The people are ready sir."

"Send them in one at a time please." Douma said. Then the man went off past the doors. Soon a person came in, a man who seemed to be in his 30s. He came up to Douma and me and began to speak.

"I need some faith from you sir. My wife has left me for another man and I am in terrible dept. Please grant me some faith that everything will turn good for me in the end sir." The man pleaded as he bowed.

"I assure you that the gods are talking and will help you in life very soon." Douma said resting his hand on the man's head.

"Thank you oh great leader." The man's said then got up and left.

Every time a new person came in it was the same thing. They would ask for faith, tell Douma their problems, and he would bless them. Some peoples problems were heartbreaking and made me want to cry, others were just annoying little things.

I wonder how could Douma put up with it all. If I had to do this everyday I would surely have had a mental crisis by now.

But Douma still kept a very calm and cool expression on his face for everyone as he listen and blessed them. It made me wonder if the man himself had any emotions at all.

"That's the last of them sir." The man from the beginning of the day came in and said.

"Well that was tiring. I bet you're hungry ad well as I am. Oh servant! Do you mind taking Y/N here to get some food. Oh and bring in the woman I ask to stay. She should be outside waiting." Douma said. How was he not losing his composure after hearing so many people's problems? And why did he ask a woman to stay back? Was he granting her wish?

"Very well sir. Follow me ma'am."

"Oh sorry. She can't hear. Can you believe it?" Douma said. He then tapped my shoulder and motion me to follow the man.

I got up from my seat and follow him out of the main room. Outside of the doors was a young woman with a very happy look on her face. I knew who's he was. She was one of the many people who 'loved' Douma.

"The leader is waiting for you Miss." The man said.

"Oh! I can't wait!" She said then went into the room.

The man took me to a food stall and had me look at the food options. I decided to get some sushi (if you do not like sushi then choose something else). The man order it for me and I began to eat.

The man who brung me here handed me a paper which read, 'Is there anything else you would like to do while we are out? Maybe get some stuff for your room? Flowers maybe? Or some books to keep you entertained while Leader is busy?"

I wrote down, 'Books will be good.' And handed back the paper. He read it and nodded. Once I was done eatting we went to get some books and went back up the mountain.

'I wonder if I'll see that woman before she leaves the village' I thought.

------------------------------------------------------‐--------
So I was about to put Inosuke's mom in this chapter but thought it was to early to put her in. And as for the servant who takes Y/N idk what his name should be. I'm thinking about making him fall in love with Y/N. Idk, let me know what you think. I'll be working on the next chapter as soon as this one is published. Bye!