(1) The Talk

"It's been 20 something years now (fathers name) and still after praying and pleading she still hasn't been cured nor found a husband." My mother said to my father. They were doing it again.

My mother and father were desperate to find me a husband since I was their only child.

"I know, I know. I've been searching for years now. Even went on trips to find a perfect husband for our daughter." My father said, sounding a little frustrated.

"Well maybe we should see if he knows how to fix this." My mother suggested to my father. I already knew who she was talking about. I didn't want to stay around much longer to hear my parents bicker any longer.

I got up from my spot only to have my hand grabbed by my mother. She looked at me with a questioning look on her face as if she were asking me where I was going. I motion to the outside and she nodded her head.

As I walked away I could hear their voices start to fade. I walked towards the village we lived in in hopes of finding a new flower seed or a new book.

As I was walking around the shopping center I started to hear people talk about things.

"Did you hear, Douma sent another woman to paradise again."

"Really? She must have been lucky then."

"Oh I wish he would pick me!!"

A group of girls were talking about the leader again. We had a mountain were a man named Douma lived and was the leader of the Paridise faith cult. People would go to him and pray or speak about their problems. He was a young man from what I had heard from around town and from my parents.

I knew who the man was but never actually have seen him before. My parents would go up there weekly so they would pray for me. I never went because they said it wasn't necessary for me to go.

Douma was the one person in town I knew so little about. All I knew was that he was like a God and every girl around my age in the village loved him. I had never met the guy so I wouldn't know if he was really attractive or not.

I had purchased a book and some water lily seeds as well for my garden. Gardening was a little hobby of mine that I enjoyed since my garden wasn't near our busy village.

I walked down the path toward my secret garden that I went to almost everyday. Once I got there I started my work.

I began to feed the koi fish that were in the pond. There was a total of maybe 10 of them in all.

"There you go little fishies. That'll fill you up." I said as I watched the koi eat the pebbles of food.

I started to water and check all of my flowers I have grown over the years to make sure they were healthy and growing. I then went over to the pond and started to carefully plant the water lily seeds.

After my work was done I sat on my usually rock and pulled out my book and began to read. The book was somewhat interesting to say the least. But it kept me entertained while I was in a peaceful place.

*time skip*

Once I got home my parents were sitting down with a paper with some writing on it. I knew that this ment that I was about to have a long conversation with them.

I sat down and my mother pushed forward the piece of paper.

'Me and your father went up the mountain today. And after some talking and decision making, we have decided to take you to go see Douma."

I looked up at my mother with a semi angry look on my face. I didn't want to go, I didn't want my gift to be exposed, I didn't want to just throw away everything I've worked for.

My mom passed me another paper saying, "We think it would be the best. Douma said that maybe if we started to bring you and you spend some time with him maybe he could cure you."

I started to write down something and handed it to my mother. "What makes you so sure that he will heal me?"

My mother passed back the paper after both her and my father had written on it

"Y/N, he has helped many people in reaching something they want. And we want you to live a normal life and grow up to have children and be able to hear everything around you. It's for the best."

Then in my father's handwriting it said, "We go at the end of the week. You mom will help you pick out a kimono to look presentable in front of the leader."

I just look back up at them. 'Why now? Why couldn't they just let me live like this?'

I got up from my spot and walked to my room. Once I layed down I started to think, "What if I can fool him? Maybe then they will just give up. But can I fool a powerful person sent by the gods?" I asked myself. Guess I would have to wait and see.

--------------------------------------------------------------
AN: First chapter done! ( I removed a part because it didn't go with what I had in mind for the story)
Thank you for reading this. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter.