(22) Who are you really?

Yn pov

I as looked at the sword a face flashed in my memory. It was of a young woman with long black hair with butterfly pins on each side.

"Can I ask where you got that sword from Douma?" I asked.

"Oh this, I found it lying in the forest one day. It looked really nice and it reminded me of the flowers you use to grow." He said with a smile. That had to be a lie.

I could tell that this demon was a sweet talker. And it seemed he had no trouble lying to people either. I decided to just play along with his little game.

The only reason I will is because I want to know my relation with him before I was a demon. He seems to know me very well and I apparently know his name as well.

"Oh I almost forgot to ask, would you like to join me in my cult meeting? I don't know if you remember it but you would always accompany me." Douma offered. I accept his offer and he seemed happy by my answer.

"Good, now let's get you into some knew clothes. It seems you've been hanging out with Akaza a bit too much." Douma said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room.

As we left the room we went down a hallway. As we walked we passed by a open door that had a room in it. I didn't get a good look at it but I seemed to be a bedroom of some sorts.

We soon reached to what I believe to be his room.

'It's the exact same as when I left.' I thought. Wait, that's not right. This should be my first time seeing his room.

"Alright, here you go. It's a extra pair of the clothes I wear. You were very fond of wearing my pants so I had some custom made for you. Of course you took the pair you were wearing when you left." Douma said handing me some clothes.

I walked toward his bathroom and shut to door to get changed. I decided only to change my top because it was getting colder in the temple.

I looked in the mirror to make sure I had hid my unusual eye and the moon mark on my cheek. Daki taught me this trick and I learned it quickly because I only had my mark and eye to hide.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Douma putting some roses in a vase. Though the roses seem to have there thorns still on them which cause Douma's fingers to bleed.

"Douma give me those!" I snatched the roses from his hands and put them in the vase.

"You shouldn't be careless like that. Just because you're a demon doesn't mean you can just pick up stuff you know will hurt you." I said looking at his hands.

As I was making sure his hands were healing alright I failed to notice that Douma had a shocked look on his face.

"Hey, are you even listening to me?" I said lightly smacking him in the head.

"Oh yes sorry. I'll be more careful next time then." He said. He sounded more gentle this time while he talked, almost like he lived a normal life.

"We should get going. I'll cut the thorns off when we finish with your meeting or whatever." I said walking toward the main room with Douma following behind me.

"She remembers where the main room is. Maybe she does remember some things." Douma said quietly to himself.

"Did you say something?" I asked.

"Nope. Must had heard something else." He quickly said.

*After the meeting*

"I don't understand how you do that everyday. Listening to those people complain to you." I was talking to Douma as I cut the thorns off of the roses that he kept in his room.

"Well it's a source of food is it not?" He asked.

"I guess. Alright I'm done with your roses." I put them back into the vase and put them back in their spot.

"Thank you for that. I could never cut them off the way you would so I gave up on trying." Douma said as he admired the flower.

"Do you think we could go on a walk?" I asked.

"Oh, well if you want to we can."

We headed outside and walked into the woods behind Douma's place. It was a very peaceful night and a great time for a walk.

"I got a question for you. If you knew me when I was a human, then why didn't you attend my ceremony? And why didn't you come to find me afterwards?" I said looking at him.

"I didn't make those decisions on purpose. If I had it my way I would have been closer to you by now." He said.

"You have to promise me something Y/n. Whatever I tell you about a person or another demon you can't tell anyone else. It will be our secret alright?"

"Alright, but I don't see what this has to do with me being a human and such." I said confused.

"Well that's the thing, Akaza was the reason I haven't seen you in so long. When you went to go train with him, you and him became closer." He sounds like he is jealous.

"And eventually Akaza saw me as a threat, saying that I would hold you back from becoming a demon. So you went with him and finished up your training. And instead of coming to me for training you went straight Kokushibo."

Was he right? Akaza did give hints about him maybe liking me but I just brushed it off.

"And I couldn't come to your ceremony because I couldn't bare to see the sight of you getting hurt." Douma turned away.

"You still could have seen me afterwards." I said walking closer to him.

"That's the thing Y/n. I thought that maybe you would remember one thing about us and come back to me. And it seems that you only remember my name." He sighed after.

"Well can you at least tell me what type of relationship we had when I was a human?" I asked a I grabbed onto his shoulder to make him face me.

"Heh, I don't know why I'm surprised that you don't remember that moment. I guess I could tell you now." He said as he finally faced me. His face held sadness but also happiness.

"One night I had said to you after you came back from training that you were the one person that could make me feel actually emotion. And that I didn't ever want to lose you to someone like Akaza or anyone else. And that whe-"

He was cut off by a sword being thrown in between us and hit the nearby tree.

We looked toward where the sword came from to see a demon slayer carrying around two large swords on his back.

"Get away from her."

--------------------------------------------------------------

So to clarify something Y/n never changed back into her demon form so she still looks human.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Next one will probably be out either this weekend or next week because I now have to do virtual school during the summer because my teachers don't want to show up.

I hope you all have a good day/night. Bye!