(12) No Longer Myself

Yn pov

It's been three days since I saw the demon slayers. Three days since I've been stuck in this room again. I wanted to get out.

I wanted to get out and warn Kanae and Shinobu that they need to go. I wanted to tell Douma that he didn't need to worry about it. But I couldn't get out, no matter how hard I tried.

I sat in the same chair I have been sitting in for a while. Soon the door open, and in the doorway was Douma.

He walked toward me with a plate in hand with food on it.

"I brung you your dinner. I had to bring it early since I'm leaving to go to a meeting. I don't want you to worry about me lotus flower. Ill be fine." He said as he leaned down to hug me.

His hug was.... comforting in a way. It was like he understood what I was going through, the pain and suffering I was going through.

Soon I looked up and he was gone. Wait.... the door. I looked over at the door and it was still slightly open. I quickly got up almost falling to the ground rushing toward the door.

"It's unlock!" I yelled. I slammed open the door and walked out into the hallway. I was free from the room.

I stood there thinking of what I could do now. I could go tend to my flowers, I could cook myself a meal, I could clean up the place, there was so much more for me to do. And yet, I still missed the big picture.

This was my chance, I could leave this place and go get Kanae and Shinobu. No matter how many times I thought about it, I didn't want to leave.

Douma provided me with so much stuff. He gave me food, bedding, entertainment, socialize, he even let me start my own garden up on the mountain. And even if he did hurt me, he would apologize and try and help me fix it.

If I left, I would be leaving all of this. If I left, I probably wouldn't have anywhere to go. My parents are dead, Moriyama would probably be too busy for me. Moriyama didn't even bother to come either, instead he sent two other slayers here. And probably those two slayers wouldn't even let me stay with them either.

Maybe i should stay with Douma. It's not a bad idea. Even being a demon isn't a bad idea. I get to live on forever, I don't have to worry about getting hurt, and I could stay with Douma the rest of my life.

"I should surprise Douma." I said to myself as I went and got cleaning supplies. I started to clean the main area and made my way to the other sections of the temple.

Once I was done I collected all of the laundry and went outside to start washing it in the lake. As i made my way outside I saw that the moon was rising. It was such a pretty moon as well.

Once I got done with laundry I started to hang it up for it to wind dry. I then got started on the flowers that were on the mountain.

"Oh, that's a bummer. I forgot to ask Douma to get me some more fertilizer. I don't think he will mind me going down for a bit and buying some."

I got some money and started to head down the mountain. I made my way to the store and was met by the store clerk.

"One bag of fertilizer please, sir." I asked.

I payed for it and grabbed the big bag from the counter.

"You sure you dont need help with that miss?"

"I'm sure, I got it anyways." I said.

As I was walking back to temple I bumped into something or rather someone.

"Oh are you okay? I'm sorry I should have been watching where I was go-" I looked up to be met with a set of purple eyes. They were Shinobu's eyes.

"Oh hello again." She said.