(9) Happy Family?

Yn pov

As the days went by things started to change. Douma and Kotoha were getting a lot closer. Douma started to bring less girls to eat. And we 4 started to act somewhat of a family.

We all ate meals together at a table Douma had gotten recently. I would take baths with Inosuke and help out with Kotoha often.

Kotoha would even come outside with me and watch me tend to the garden I had made.

"So you planted all of these yourself?" She asked examining the lotus flowers. They were now fully blowmed and looked lovely.

"Everylast one of them." I said. I was comfortable around Kotoha to tell her that I could talk. She promised to not tell Douma. I knew I could trust her with this information.

Soon the flashy crow came flying down to me with a letter in its hands.

"Hello Nijimaru. Another letter from Mori I presume?" I asked.

"Mori?" Kotoha question.

"He was the servant boy here. He left to go become a demon slayer. And he sends his master's crow to update me on his progress. Last time he said he was about to go to final selection. That's were he has to survive demons." I explained, I grabbed the letter from the crows feet.

"Oh my. I hope he is doing well." Kotoha said. Even thought Kotoha was younger then me she always acted much older.

"Dear Y/N,

Today I go to final selection. Uzui said that I was ready and that I would be going. Shinobu is also going as well. Her sister said that she was also ready.

I have learned so much from Uzui over this past year. He even taught me some ninja skills as well. I even got to met his wives. Can you believe it? The man has three wives. But it's obvious who is the favorite.

Anyway, I'll write back to you within a week once I get back from final selection. Don't worry about me not making it, I have my lucky matching bracelet with me.

Wish me best of luck. Mori"

I trust that Mori would survive. I knew how strong he was. But in the end it only mattered if he would let his emotions get in the way.

I sent the crow back and went back inside with Kotoha. I placed the letter in my box with all the other letters. We then went back out to the main room to meet up with Douma. Today he planned to have us play a game.

*Time skip to when final selection is over*

I started to pace around my shared room waiting for the crow to come back with a letter from Mori.

"Calm down Y/N, I'm sure Moriyama is just tired and hasn't gotten a chance to write a letter yet." Kotoha reassured me.

I sat down next to her and she passed Inosuke to me. I started to calm down as I looked at the child in my arms.

"But what if he fail? What if he died on the mountain?" I began to ask.

"Well if he died then I'm sure that Uzui would have sent a letter to you by now."

"Yeah, your right." I said.

Soon a crow flew into the room and hit the wall. Both me and Kotoha got up from our spit and went toward the crow. Attached to the crows leg was a letter.

"I DID IT Y/N!!! I PASSED!!! I NOW AM A DEMON SLAYER. Also sorry if the letter took so long to get to you. My crow, Chiko, is new to the whole demon slayer crow thing and probably got lost. But he is quick as a arrow so he isn't much of a problem helping me.