(17) Mastering moon breathing

*Time skip for 2 weeks*

"Wake up (y/n), you need to eat before we train." Kokushibo said standing above me.

"Five more minutes." I said rolling over.

Kokushibo sighed and picked me up by my legs. I didn't know where he was taking me but I did hear the door open. Soon enough we stopped, and the Kokushibo dropped me in cold water.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I said coming up above water. He had dropped me in a barrel of water.

"There are clothes on your bed. Dry off and go change into them. I'll be waiting at the table. I already have food prepared for you." He said then left.

I got out of the barrel and walked to my room and got ready. I made my way to the dining table and sat down on the floor.

"Thank you for the food." I began to eat as Kokushibo explained what we will be doing today.

"Today you will be learning moon breathing. If you can learn that you will surely climb up the ranks very quickly."

"Is that because I have already mastered physical fighting?" I asked.

"Yes, this gives you more options when it comes to fighting."

I finished up my food and we headed outside. Kokushibo handed me a sword and told me to stand beside him.

"There are a total of 16 breathing forms. By the time I am done training you, you will know all of them and use them to the best of your abilities." Kokushibo said.

"Now you will focus on the first one. You mostly use this one to start off a fight. Now watch me. Moon Breathing, first form, Dark Moon, Evening Palace."

Kokushibo drew his sword and slashed in a horizontal motion in a shape of a Cresent. This created a bunch of Cresent blades.

"Now you try." He said looked back at me.

I nodded my head and copied his movements.

"Moon breathing, First form, Evening Palace." I said and went to go slash. I did the movements but nothing happened.

"Huh? Did I do something wrong?" I asked looked at Kokushibo.

"No you did it correctly, you just didn't do it quick enough. With Moon breathing you have to be quick or the attack won't be affective." He explain.

"Alright, I'll try again."

We went about training for the remainder of the night. I was able to master both first form and second form this time.

"Hey Kokushibo?" I said as I ate my food.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember anything from your human life? Like before you turned into a demon?" I asked.

He stayed silent for a little bit. Was he angry for me asking that question?

"I remember little bits and pieces. Over the years my memory of my human life has faded. I do however remember my family, mostly my brother though." He finally said.

"You had a brother?" I asked.

"Yes, he was my twin. Our father didn't really care for him as much. He was always too soft. You kind of remind me a bit." He said looking at me.

"So your saying I'm too soft?" I questioned.

"No, I'm saying you have a soft exterior, but on the inside you seem very powerful. Much like my brother, he was also very strong."

"Was he stronger than you?"

"No."

"Where is he now? Did he become a demon like you?" I asked.