(20) Something I need

TW: Sad moments, Douma harming himself, blood

Mori Pov

I have finally finished up all my training. Now I help out Uzui with his missions and sometimes go on some by myself.

His wives are very nice to me. Sometimes I forget that they are married to him and get flushed at their actions. If I had to choose a favorite it would be Maiko.

She is very outgoing and likes to hangout with me a lot. She reminds me of Y/n sometimes with her kind but tough nature. It's been a while since I've seen Y/n.

'I have yet to apologize to Shinobu about my outburst from months ago. She has changed since her sister's death. Maybe I should go visit her today.'

I walk out of my room and walk down the stairs to the door and put on my shoes.

"Hm? Where are you off to Mori?" Suma ask peering out of the kitchen.

"I'm off to the Butterfly residence. There is something I need to do." I said standing back up.

"Oh, well here take these muffins. I'm sure the residence there will love them." She said as she handed me a basket of muffins.

"Alright, I'll be sure to let them know you made them." I said and walked out and made my way to the butterfly residence.

(Alright so just to clarify some things before we go on. I'm now rolling into the manga......sorta...... so Tanjiro is out doing his training and so is everyone else.)

I walked up to the door of the butterfly residence and hesitate for a bit. Even though me and Shinobu did our test together, we still don't talk to each other.

"Are you going to go in or just stand there like a idiot?" I heard a deep voice behind me.

I turned around to see a short young man with slanted eyes. He had a buzz cut with a tuff of hair left in the middle to grow. He also had a scar that ran across his face, it reminded me of a certain wind hashira. He wore a sleeveless, purple yukta over a plain black shirt with long sleeves.

"Oh sorry. Here I'll help you out." I said as I opened the door for him.

"I don't need your help asshole." He said as he walked past me and into a room.

"Don't worry about him. He's always like that, kinda like his brother if you ask me." Aoi said coming out of another room with medical items already in hand.

"So what brings you here Moriyama? Are Uzui's wives out and you need treatment?" Aoi asked as I walked into the mansion.

"Oh no I'm perfectly fine. Um...I brought muffins that Suma made. I think the girls will love them." I answered holding up the basket of muffins.

"Well go put them in the kitchen." Was all Aoi said before she ran off.

I made my way to the kitchen and set the basket of muffins down. I turned around and met with Shinobu's Tsuguko Kanao.

"Hey there Kanao. Do you know where Shinobu is?" I asked. That was the reason I came here in the first place.

I saw her pull out a coin and flipped it. She looked at it then looked back at me and said, "She's in her training room. It's on the second story door closes to the right."

I thanked her and went up the stairs. I went to the room and opened it slowly. There Shinobu was staring at the broken mirror I assumed she smashed out of anger.

"It's been a while Moriyama. What brings you here?" She said as she turned around. I could see the dead look in her eyes as clear as day.

"I came to say sorry for what I did a long while back. I was just so angry with myself." I said walking into the room and closing the door.