(18) The day has come

I was woken up by Kokushibo in the middle of the night. As I open my eyes I could see him standing above me.

"What do you want?" I asked in a tired voice.

"You have to wake up now before we are late."

"Late for what?"

"Late for your ceremony. Did you forget? Tonight you will become a demon." Koku explained.

"Alright. I'll get up." I said lifting my head.

"I'll wait outside for you." Koku said and then left.

I got ready in my usual clothes and walk out my room. As I was walking toward the door I stopped.

'Do I really wanna do this? It is a 50/50 survival rate. I don't want to die, but being a demon will make sure I won't die.' I thought.

I walked out to see Kokushibo standing in the yard.

"Come here. We will be there shortly." He said. I was confused then stood by him.

I then heard the sound of a biwa playing and I opened my eyes to see that I'm in a different place. There were a lot of rooms spread out everywhere as well as stairs that seemed to go nowhere.

As I looked around I saw that Kokushibo was no longer by me. Instead he was sitting in one of the isolated rooms. Along the sides of the big fortress, I saw 11 more demons.

I saw Akaza sitting down crossing his arms. I gave him a little wave which he returned. I looked around more and saw tinyer demon who seemed to be crying and was hiding behind a stairway.

I saw another one who seemed to be growing out of a pot. Then I saw two who sat next to each other. The women wore very revealing clothing and looked very beautiful. The man by her side had a little to no stomach and a bunch of marks along his body.

Beneath those demons was six more in a group. One was a feminine looking man with a suit on. Another seemed more tougher, with a coat and hat along with a gun by his side.

Another one seemed a bit older with a beard. Another was a female who had a fluffy thing around her neck. The one beside her was a male who had a spider liek pattern on his clothes. The last one was a lot bigger then them, look to be a full grown man. He had drums along his whole body.

I looked dto my right to see a woman sitting down with a biwa drum in her hands. She had long black hair that covered her face.

I looked a bit longer to see if I could spot Douma, but could not find him. Suddenly a pair of doors opened up to reveal a tall man dressed in a suit. His presence terrified me as he walked closer. I tried to remain tough and keep eye contact with him the best I could.

He bent down on one knee and looked at my face. I jumped back a bit in fear when he grabbed my face with his hand.

"So this is the human number two was so obsessed about." He said. He turned my face side to side as to get a good look at me.

"You seem to be in perfect health. And your body does have a bit of muscle on it. Seems number three and one have trained you well." He said letting go of my face.

"Tell me human, why do you wish to become a demon?" He asked.

"I don't really have a particular reason. I don't have much friends, my parents are no longer alive. And it seems like I have no where to go. And even if I refused to be a demon, I would be killed because I know about demons now. And I don't wish to die so early on in life." I explained as best I could.

"So you wish to live as a demon for your own benefit. Well that will change once you become one." He said standing up. "Stand up."

I stood up quickly and put my hands by my sides.