(23) Maybe I can save you

Moriyama pov

It's been a while since the incident with Y/n and the Butterfly sisters. Me and Shinobu seem to be on good terms and I've gotten stronger since then.

I decided to stop by the Butterfly mansion before I head off to my next mission.

I knocked on the door and waited. No answer.

"Maybe they are in the kitchen or backyard. Even if they are not there I know Kanao will be there." I said as I made my way to the backyard.

Instead of being met by Kanao I saw the girls and the demon slayer with the scar. I didn't really know who he was nor did I know his name.

One day after a hashira meeting Uzui came back talking about a kid with earrings and a checkered haori. He said that the kid was carrying around a demon saying it was his sister.

I didn't listen to much, but I knew that they allowed him and his sister to both live.

"Hello." I said with a slight wave.

"Moriyama!" The three girls said as they ran over to hug me.

"Hello sir." The scar boy said as he stood up.

"You must be the kid everyone is talking about. I'll say you got guts to be carrying around a demon with you." I said as I picked up the girls.

"My name is Tanjiro Kamado. It's nice to meet you!" He then bowed down to me.

"No need to bow down." I said with a smile.

"What are you here for Moriyama?" One of the girls asked me.

"I was looking for Shinobu, have one of you girls seen her?" I asked.

"Oh she is helping out my friends Inosuke and Zenitsu. You should find her in the medical room." Tanjiro said.

"Thanks. I hope we will meet again someday Tanjiro." I said as I made my way inside.

As I made my way to the medical room I heard screaming from said room. I rushed in there to see Aoi smacking a yellow hair kid.

"If you keep screaming you will wake up everyone that is resting. Oh hey Moriyama." Aoi said as she looked at me.

"Hey Aoi. Is Shinobu in here?"

"I'm right here Mori. Do you need something?" Shinobu asked as she walked toward me.

"I want to talk to you. Do you mind if we go somewhere else, alone." I said.

"Alright. I'll be right back Aoi." She said and lead me to the kitchen.

"So what do you need?" Shinobu ask as she sat down at the table.

"I'm going to go find Y/n and kill that demon." I said once I also sat down.

"That's a funny joke Mori. Now what is it that you need?"

I gave her a look of seriousness. I wasn't joking about this.

"I'm serious Shinobu. I'm going back and killing that demon."

"Then I'm going with you." She said.

"I'm not letting you. You might be a hashira now, but in terms of power youre at the bottom." I stated.

"I want to get revenge on Kanae-"

"And I get that Shinobu. But I can't risk you dieing. You need to be here for the girls and Kanao. I will go and get revenge for you." I said standing up from my seat.

She sat there silent for a moment. "When are you leaving?" She asked.

"When I go off to do my mission. I'll finish it quick and run to the village. I'll find the demon and find Y/n as well. And as soon as I grab Y/n I'll run back here." I explained.

"Why are you telling me this then? I'm not going with you so why do I need to know this?" She questioned.

"Because when I get back I need you to treat her. She might be hurt and I need someone to take care of her. I'm pretty sure if I told Uzui about this he would get angry. And I trust you enough to take care of my friend."

"Alright. I'll make sure to get a room ready and waiting for when you get back." She said.

"Alright. I'll see you then Shinobu." I got up and started to walked back to Uzui's place to get ready to leave.

Once I left I went straight to where my mission was. Once I got there I found the demon and killed it within about 3 hours or so.

I then made my way to the village. It's been forever since I've been here. Nothing seems to have changed since I've left.

I made my way to the temple on the mountain. It was night at the moment so I would have to break into the temple.

I bust down the door and began looking. I first checked the room Douma would stay in. Nothing. Then I checked Y/n's room. Still nothing.

I then faced the one room I've never went into. It was the room Douma would forbid anyone in but his followers to go in.

I kicked off the lock and opened the door. I stood in shock to what I had seen. In the room was rows and rows of skulls on shelves.

"What in the hell?" I walked inside of the room to get a better look.

In the center of the room was a table set up. On the side was a fresh body with limbs missing. On the other side of the table was Kanae's sword.

I picked the sword up. "I'll make sure to give this to Shinobu when I get back."

I walked around a bit more not finding anyone. I went outside to see if the two were there.

"Where could they be? I know Y/n is alive because her room is still full." I said to myself.

I then heard voices come from the woods. I ran into the woods and searched for the voices. When I got closer I sensed two demons. Two? But there are only two voices from what I heard.

When I got closer I saw Y/n and Douma standing by each other. I took out one of my cleavers and aimed it at Douma's head.

It missed the demon and hit the tree behind them. Then they looked at my direction to see who threw it. Douma look at me surprised.

"Get away from her." I yelled out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was just events leading up to the end of the last chapter.

Now for some updates.

I'm working on some drawings at the moment. Moriyama, and Y/n's demon form.

That's all for now. Hope you have a good day/night. Bye!