22

"Every normal man must meet something at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." -H.L. Mencken
________________________________
"This is Orange Country, California, 10 days ago, Judy Hannity, a real estate worker and mother, was shotgunned on the 91 freeway." Agent Todd said as she handed the other agents the case file.

"The second and 3rd victims were both D.O.A. There were different vehicles for each shooting; a small black SUV, a black sedan, a white sedan, no makes, no plates." she continued. "No solid witnesses?" Derek questioned.

The team had begun to go over the details of the case at hand. JJ was no longer with them as she was currently on maternity leave. They continued on with this discussion, Emily turning the topic when she added, "Trauma victims either remember everything or nothing," when discussing how the first victim couldn't remember much besides the fact that it was an average- white, middle-aged man.

Furthermore in their conversation, they concluded that they would need to create a profile and release it to the media as a way of uncovering the unsub. "Somebody knows this guy," Hotch said while looking back at the case file.
____________________________________
~Y/N~

"Pack your bags, Charles, we leave in 1 hour?" turning his wrist towards him Charles replied, "Might I ask, A. Why? and B. No." Stopping in her tracks she turned around, "Fine I thought you would've leaped at the chance of seeing Luna after all this time, I'll just tell her you declined the offer."

A small grin came across her lips as he responded, "Wait! I'll pack my bags. But you need to explain why you're visiting after all this time". He got up and walked toward his room.

"It's only been 8 months."
____________________________________
~At the Police Station~

Todd shook the hand of the lead detective while introducing her team. Whilst everyone shook the detective's hand, Reid gave his signature smile and wave.

While Reid and Rossi got more information from the detective, the rest of the team went into the room with the victims' car to create a profile.

"He's a fast study," Morgan said while writing down what they had already known. "Sawed-off his shotgun and lowered his risk by switching to nights and changing vehicles."

Emily analyzed his words by responding with, "What if he wasn't planning on murder the first time?" This created the idea that the unsub had gotten off by his kill high. The first shooting being 'spontaneous'.

As the three agents, (Prentiss, Morgan, and Hotch) observed their findings they conjured up more questions, to which Emily replied, "So the SUV is his actual car. But then, why did he have a gun in the Suv if he wasn't planning to commit murder?" The more questions they asked, the more questions they came up with. They needed to know what triggered him to shoot in the first place. They had to question his first victim.
____________________________________
"Do you want to inform me now why we are traveling to London after 8 months?" They were now on her jet getting ready for the long flight ahead of them. "Oh Charles relax, this is a 7-hour flight, there will be plenty of time for your questions."

While eager to know why his boss was intent on flying to London at this very hour, Charlie had already known the answer. It was the same and only reason Y/N ever traveled to London. Luna. Y/N hated the city of London itself but adored what the countryside had to offer. There she kept her prize steeds at her family's estate.

The estate was where y/n loved to escape. There, she could do the most thinking without distractions. The only people allowed there, besides close family, were security, a few workers, Luna and her family, and some of Y/N's personal 'partners'.