Lumi's Au Statute (+event Anouncement)

Also known as L.A.S. (the name is a pun :3) those are my Au rules and pointers for organising them.
Those rules are only for my own easiness, so I thought that I might share them so you could have a better understanding of my own aus and why I reference and create them the way I do.

1.An au must be either one or 2 of the following:
-crossover (Combining 2 or more Fandoms)
-original (original lore, original aspects and reactions of the general mob characters)
-cannon tap (Using vague aspects of the cannon as per creating a temporary, if not permanent au)
-popular pick (ex: Mafia au, Fantasy au, urban au, medieval au)

2. An Au must always have it's own propuse:
-For putting in light a relationship
-For giving a character more depth
-For giving the cannon a different flavor/cannon complaint (mostly used at crossovers)
-For Crack
-For Fluff
-For Angst
-Valid even for making one time designs or small plot bunnies (Warning: it can quickly evolve and expand if you aren't cautious)

3.A Crossover must be set in one of the levels of combinating:
-Easy Crossover (only an item/lore aspect is transferred from one universe to the present fandom, can optionally be played as a future/past au of the latter fandom)
-Mild Crossover (Only the cast/one character of one Fandom is transferred to the other universe, replacing or co-existing with the original cast)
-Hard (Both universes co-exist with just a bit of ooc lore to tie them together)

4. Always have a lore starting point. (ex: miraculous ladybug's kwami box, twst and Hp's wizard school, persona's cognitive universe)

5. Always have a STAIGHT LINE lore. The ooc lore shall never be bended too much and changed mid crossover.

*straight line lore means a linear lore, which has it's core aspects unchanged. A ramificated lore is a lore who gained more massive changes mid-crossover to the point where there exists several aus with the same root and in constant shifting, where it makes way to hard to trace the original.

**you can bend your ooc lore, but just small aspects that don't contribute to the main plot.

***Lore is NOT plot... Which means that the plot is up to everyone's liking, yet the lore must stay linear as mentioned above

6. Always make sure to mask any kind of sore details in the lore and plot. (ex: in cannon is stated 'x' thing, but in the au it's stated 'y' thing... The reason is because 'z' thing happened in between)

*mostly present in easy crossovers or hard crossovers as well as cannon tap

7. If the Fandom you are having an Au is still in the line of production (story updates) make sure to have a lore vague enough so it can cover or asimilate easily the future changes of the show. (as in lore evolution, relationships development, existence of character/objects)

8. Remember to bend/change the species if necessary. (for example: mild aus tend to have that detail for better working)

9. If absolutely necessary, some characters can be dead/not existing in the said au, yet simbolism of their presence can be present (always with a reason/reference)

10. Fannon headcannons are valid, even necessary, for an Au, in order to be more easy for characters to blend in. (and more easy for the author to write desired scenes)

11. (and most important) Always have fun in making Aus! If you aren't having fun or lose motivation, put the Au aside and do something else... You aren't forced by anyone to make it, so you should just enjoy yourself during the process. :3

So this rules are free to use for anyone... They are more for my own easiness so ye :3

Along this... I want to announce that I finally got my shit sorted and I noticed something so I'm going to have a small event based on this.

April is coming quickly so... I said the next one: why not hold a nice event.

And because I am a cinema addict...

The Movie fiction event will be held from today, during all April and May! :3

What are the rules? You may ask :D

Well

-2 oneshots will be dropped at the start of April (the ones in my drafts since the others I kinda found none inspiration anymore so I put them in the 'maybe' category)

-one oneshot will be a platonic while the other a romantic. (the platonic will be posted first and the romantic second)

-those oneshots will be mild aus, inspired by some non-disney movies. (I'll announce the movies down below.)

-First stage of the event: you'll have to guess the said platonic and romantic relationships that I'll do in those 2 shots. (the limit is in between the first one shot and the second one. I'll always check my inbox before posting so to make sure I didn't miss anything)

-the ones who get it right will have a shout-out in the second oneshot...

-For the platonic oneshot you have 2 tries each, while for the romantic oneshot I'll give each of y'all 4 attempts.

-Second stage of the event: After the romantic oneshot is posted, all of you can request a ship weather platonic or romantic and a movie from a list of movies that I saw myself. (includes both Disney and non-Disney)

-the list will have only ONE ship per movie so be sure to request fast before anyone snatches your place.

-the second stage of the event will be in the mid to end of August.

-the 3rd stage of event: You can request any non-Disney animation movie and a ship, and I'll respond seeing if I know or not the movie.

-The request will only be taken if it follows the original rules tho and also the movie isn't something horror or hard to work with (Shrek, Bee movie and fishtale is off limits people because It's uncomfortable for me)

-End of the event on 31st may: a special list on my tumbrl blog featuring all of the oneshots requested and done along the ones that might still be in progress.

Now! The movie list:

Shazam! (the newest one, I believe from at least 4-5 years ago? I gotta check my movie ticket)
Encanto
Dumbo(live action)
Maleficent(both movies)
Cinderella(the live action)
Spider-Man (into the spiderverse, homecoming and far from home)
Harry Potter (all the 8 movies)
Barbie (this counts with all magical barbie movies from the Swan Lake to fairy secret and mermaid tale)

So you have quite the list. :3 I wanted so bad to put Turning Red too, but then I remembered that I already did a somewhat inspired version of it with Vilrookei.

Anyway! Now... For the movie oneshots that I'll post at the start of August!

-for the platonic shit: HTTYD au

-for the romance: Balerina/Leap! Au

I really liked those movies I listed in here so I hope that if you didn't watch them to give them a try... Maybe you'll find them interesting too.

Until next time! Happy reading!