CHAPTER 34

"He's in love with you"

I was silent for a few moments. Is he really? Mahirap magtiwala dahil pinagkatiwalaan ko siya noon, but what he did in return is just the most painful thing that happened to me. It's true that you could give people second chances, but it won't be the same.

"No, he's not" I denied and looked away.

"Yes he is, Javier would not pursue women, in fact women pursue him" she sighed "He loves you so much" she uttered "That necklace is sacred Audrei"

My forehead creased, I glanced at her once more "Why?" I asked.

"It is a necklace heirloom, not all their relatives have heirlooms, only the both of them. Pamana sakanila ng lola sa tuhod nila dahil silang dalawa ang paboritong apo" she chuckled "They got it when they where 16 and 15, Lola Anita told them na ibigay lang ito sa babaeng mamahalin nila habang buhay, ibibigay lang dapat nila if they're certain that they want to spend the rest of their lives to that woman" she looked at me "... And 20 years later, Alejandro gave it to you" she smiled. "See how he treasured that necklace so much that he waited 20 years, he's certain about his feelings Audrei"

I was silent, hinaplos ko ang kuwintas, could this be real? Totoo na ba ang nararamdaman niya sa akin? Is it already Love and not Lust?

"When did you had yours?" I asked her, since malaki na ang panganay nila.

"Joaquin gave it to me when I was 16, he was 19 and was only 3 years after Lola Anita died" she touched her necklace "Too quick huh?"

"Uh no... I mean, nagtagal naman kayo like ang laki na ni Alvarro" I exclaimed. Ang saya siguro ng buhay niya kasama si Doc Alessandro, 16 palang ay pinangakuan ka ng mamahalin habang buhay.

She sighed "Nope, you're wrong" she shook her head "Naghiwalay kami dati" bulong niya.

I was stoned, gosh! Why did I jump into conclusions!

"S-sorry" I apologized.

"No, it's fine, after all kasal naman na kami at masaya" she smiled "Iniwan niya ako noon at hindi siya nagparamdam ng ilang taon, it was a long story" she pouted.

I thought her life with Doc Alessandro is perfect, hindi pala. I can already see that Alessandro and Alejandro are both Bastards. Alessandro is lucky Freya forgave and marry him.

"My life with him is a roller-coaster. I guess that's what you're feeling too huh?"

I bit my lip and lowered my gaze.

"Alam mo parang magkapareho ang karanasan natin. Naranasan ko rin maging single mother sa panganay ko, everything was doing well, I can provide for my son alone pero dumating uli si Joaquin sa buhay namin, just like when Alejandro came into your life again after having AA... At first you didn't really wanted it right? But now that his presence is back, the feeling that died down is slowly coming back. " Aniya Kaya napaisip ako.

It's true, it's all coming back, all the heart races, the butterflies, and the warm feeling before. It's not just coming back because it's back! It's already here.

Maybe I was just so in denial that I try so hard to convince myself that I don't want him when in fact I do.

I admit, I get soft when it comes to him, sa simpleng ngiti niya lang natutunaw ako, just the sound of his voice makes me weak. Parang nawawala ang galit ko kada nakikita ko siya lalo na kapag kasama niya ang anak namin.

But like what I said, I don't have a problem if I get to be with him, it's just that I'm just afraid to get hurt with the same reason, that's why as much as possible I opt on not getting involve with him. Sabi nga nila, prevention is better than cure.