Prologue 3: A Cruel Answer

"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!" Riddle shouted as he waved his magic pen towards Grim. Bright red sparkles glowed around his pen's red gem and a spark of magic flew towards the oncoming Grim.

Alice quickly sprung up to her feet, ready to shout for him to not hurt Grim. But instead of slicing his head off as she thought he would, a black-and-red heart-shaped locked collar magically appeared around the cat creature's neck. "Nygah! The heck is this?!" Grim shouted.

 "Nygah! The heck is this?!" Grim shouted

"Law of the Queen of Hearts No. 23, "One shall never bring a cat into a festival."" Riddle coolly informed. "You being a cat means you've broken the rule. I shall have you leave at once." Grim gritted his fangs in anger. "I'm not a cat!!" he shouted, baring his fangs at the wine red-haired boy.

He clawed at the collar furiously. "I'll burn this collar right up and...!" Grim said as he took a deep breath and tried to burn the collar off his neck, but his fire didn't appear. He tried again, but nothing happened. Not even a single spark of fire came to his aid. "...E-Eh? I can't use my fire!" he exclaimed in shock.

Seeing him looking so confused at the sudden loss of his magic brought a smirk on Riddle's face

Seeing him looking so confused at the sudden loss of his magic brought a smirk on Riddle's face. "Hmph! You won't be using any magic until I remove the collar. Just like an ordinary cat." he said haughtily. Alice looked at the collar and Riddle and she breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Wh-What?! I'm not some pet!" Grim snapped, feeling insulted that someone of his sheer talent and intellect was being treated with such disrespect. He's not just some common house pet, he was a talented magician! But he wasn't fooling anyone. Riddle just narrowed his eyes at him.

"Don't worry, I'd never keep a pet like you." he said to the cat creature. "I'll take it off anyway when you get thrown out." Azul smiled at Riddle. But the girls could tell that there was more to that friendly smile than one would think.