🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 26

One scene then showed a time when the three boys were lying on the grass together, laughing and chatting as they usually did. Or rather, Riddle sat on a bench to leave no evidence that he had ever been outside.

When the topic of sweets came up, Trey and Che'nya announced the names of their favorite treats

When the topic of sweets came up, Trey and Che'nya announced the names of their favorite treats. As for Riddle, he shyly admitted that he had never eaten any real sweets in his life, but he would love nothing more than to eat a delicious strawberry tart one day.

"Eh! Riddle, you've never had a strawberry tart?" Che'nya asked in shock, staring at Riddle as if he had gone insane. Riddle shook his head. "Mother says it's like poison, so I can't." he replied sadly. Trey tilted his head and gave a small laugh.

"Well, it's true you probably shouldn't eat too much, but...." he said, getting up on his feet. "My family owns a cake shop. Let's go eat some." Riddle looked at Trey with wide slate gray eyes. "Cake shop? The one with the green roof over the store windows?" he asked.

He knew that shop. He and his mother would sometimes pass by it. "That's the one." Trey said with a smile. "The tarts at Trey's are the cat's meow." Che'nya added. "Huh, but..." Riddle stuttered, unsure about Trey's suggestion.

He suddenly became hesitant. He desperately wanted to try out one of those delicious tarts he saw in the window, but would it be all right? He thought back to his mother's words, "Just one slice will make you exceed your daily sugar intake." He didn't want to disappoint his mother by eating something sweet, but he...

Young Trey just giggled as he held out his hand towards young Riddle. "One piece isn't going to kill you." he said assuredly. Che'nya laughed as he bounced on his feet. "I could go for a whole one right about meow~." he happily exclaimed as he and Trey began tugging at Riddle's arms to get him to follow them.

Just one. Just one slice of a strawberry tart was all Riddle could ever want. Riddle's desire for that strawberry tart grew stronger. To eat one would satisfy him for a lifetime. The chance was far too tempting to resist, and so he agreed.

Riddle then got up to his feet and ran with the boys towards Trey's family bakery with Alice following behind them

Riddle then got up to his feet and ran with the boys towards Trey's family bakery with Alice following behind them. However, she only took a few steps since this world wasn't completely real and the scenery around her would immediately change like pictures on an old film.