Prologue 12: Punishment Escape!

Behind the East Wing lay the Hall of Mirrors, a special place where each student can travel from their respective dormitories onto the campus grounds and vice versa. Above each mirror held the dorms' emblems that signified where all the mirrors lead to.

Ace huffed as he walked down the corridor with his hands shoved down his pockets, having finished up his classes for the day and was heading back to the dorm for the day.

"No way I'm wiping a 100 windows. Gonna head on home..." he muttered in irritation. As he walked, however, he started to frown as his cherry-red eyes softened. For a brief moment, he could see Alice's face in his head. He saw the tears streaming down her face...

And Kira's arm raised above her head as she threw it out to slap him... and her angry tear-filled eyes as she glared at him. It was then that he felt something: a heavy feeling of regret, as it were, forming in the pit of his gut...and suddenly, he stopped walking as he cast his eyes to the floor.

and suddenly, he stopped walking as he cast his eyes to the floor

"...Did... Did I seriously hurt their feelings?" he thought. "I was only messing around... I didn't think they'd take it so seriously." He then sighed as he scratched at the back of his head, feeling guilty. "Darn..." he cursed. "What should I do?"

He then turned towards the mirror of his dorm and was just about to enter it when he suddenly heard a familiar and very aggravating voice call out to him. "Heeeeeeeeeeey yoooooouuuuu!!!!" the voice screeched. Ace froze in his tracks, whipping his head back.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw a very angry Grim running towards him with the four disguised girls running in tow behind him

He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw a very angry Grim running towards him with the four disguised girls running in tow behind him. "Ack!! They found me!" he gasped. "You've got some nerve leaving us back there, you lazy bum!" Kira snarled, an absolutely murderous look on her face. 

"Jeeeerk!! Hold up!! I won't let you be the only one to escape!" Grim shouted. Ace paled. "Did you really think I'd stop just because you told me to? I'm outta here!" he said as he quickly made a run past the girls and Grim. "Ah, w-wait! Please!" Alice called for him. But Ace didn't listen. He was long gone.

"It's not fair for only you to get out of it! I want to skip out too!" Grim shouted. "Shut up, Grim!" Kira snarled at him as they proceeded to chase after Ace. They sprinted down the hall, and they were closing in on him when another student was making his way towards the Hall of Mirrors.