🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 11

"It takes a considerable amount of skill to cleanly peel chestnuts. Let's use magic to do this more efficiently." Trey said as he grabbed a chestnut and started peeling it. "I guess since Ace, Alice and Kira can't use magic, they'll have to peel it the hard way, with their hands." Deuce said.

"Hey, at least I'll be faster than you trying to use your magic to peel them! Right, girls?" Ace asked, turning to the girls for confirmation, but he and the others were left stunned at how well Alice and Kira peeling the chestnuts, cleanly and efficiently.

The two girls were so focused on their part that they were unaware of the surprised faces of their friends and senior. They didn't even seem to notice Grim taking two pieces of chestnuts and gorging himself on them.

"You guysh," he said with his mouth full before he stuffed the two chestnuts into his mouth, "'hould gus' 'hit back'n wa'ch ush show you how ihh done!" Ace managed to catch Grim as he attempted to take another chestnut

"You guysh," he said with his mouth full before he stuffed the two chestnuts into his mouth, "'hould gus' 'hit back'n wa'ch ush show you how ihh done!" Ace managed to catch Grim as he attempted to take another chestnut. "Hey, don't just be snacking on them already!" he shouted, smacking Grim's paws away from the nuts.

He grumbled to himself as he got to work in peeling them while Trey and Deuce used their magic, though Trey couldn't help but laugh in amusement at how competitive the boys were being.

Even so, he didn't know whether they were competing with each other or trying to reach the girls' pace. Then again, watching the blonde-haired girl and the lioness focusing on their work was kind of cute. Alice was so focused on her peeling that when Ace called out to her, she squeaked when she snapped out of her reverie. 

"Look, girls! I peeled it super good!" Ace proudly said as he showed them the small mound of peeled chestnuts in his bowl. A happy smile spread on Alice's face, and she clapped for him.

 A happy smile spread on Alice's face, and she clapped for him

"Wow, they look great. Incredible, Ace-kun!" she congratulated him. Kira just hummed and nodded in acknowledgement. "I'm surprised. Looks like Ace is more dexterous than I thought." Trey said, impressed at the newbie baker. Ace huffed a laugh.

"Hehe, just a bit. Definitely when compared to Mr. No Nonsense and that cat over there." he said, pointing a finger at Deuce, who was trying his best to peel the chestnuts perfectly. Deuce turned and shot a glare towards the cherry red-eyed boy for that remark.