Prologue 13: Rash Tactics!

Grim hummed himself a tune as he marched down the cobblestone path of Main Street. "Hey! Stop there, you furball!" a sudden voice shouted. Grim turned around and gasped when he saw the six students coming after him. Were they planning to make him go back and wash more windows?! Like heck they will!

 Were they planning to make him go back and wash more windows?! Like heck they will!

"No waaay, yanno! You frizzhead!" Grim yelled as he gave Ace a jeering look. The very thought of working himself to the bone by washing 100 windows made his skin crawl. And so, as one would expect, Grim immediately began to run away from the six teens.

"Tch, looks like we have to run after him after all." Ace said, feeling insulted of being called "frizzhead" by the cat gremlin. He then took his magic pen out from his breast pocket. "Follow me, Juice!" he said as he started to run after Grim.

Deuce glared at him, not impressed by his mispronunciation. "I told you, it's "Deuce"!" he yelled as he and Ace gave chase with the four disguised girls following suit. Before long, their attempts to catch Grim had turned into a wild cat chase. They chased Grim from Main Street to the school courtyard.

All the while, Ace and Deuce were casting their magic spells in an attempt to capture Grim. But Grim, being the slick little cat monster he was, managed to dodge their every move. Grim kept running past the well and headed down the corridor until he suddenly reached a dead end.

Grim immediately stopped in his tracks. "A-A dead end?!" he gasped in horror. He frantically looked to the left and to the right, desperately searching for another escape route. Ace, Deuce and the four girls stopped when they saw that Grim was trapped. Ace chuckled. Now was his chance to catch that little bugger!

"Alright, just a little more!" Ace said as he wielded his magic pen. "If I can just stop him with magic...!" Ace and Deuce both said simultaneously as they pointed their magic pens at Grim. Grim saw what was happening, and he quickly braced himself for the incoming attacks.

However, Ace turned and glared at Deuce in annoyance. He was going to catch Grim first, not that navy-haired loser! "Can't you stop trying to cover me? Just back off!" he yelled, roughly shoving Deuce out of his way.

 He was going to catch Grim first, not that navy-haired loser! "Can't you stop trying to cover me? Just back off!" he yelled, roughly shoving Deuce out of his way

Deuce glared back at Ace, not appreciating him roughly shoving him. "You need to stay out of my way too!" he shouted as he shoved back at Ace. Grim looked and saw that Ace and Deuce were now bickering loudly over who was going to get Grim first. The four girls all sighed, exasperated. "Ugh, you guys..." Kira groaned, shaking her head.