🦁The Rebel from the Savannah: Chapter 3

As soon as lunch was over, the seven students headed on over to the headmaster's office. Hopefully, whatever he wanted to speak to them about involved what happened to Riddle. And a way to prevent it from happening again.

Alice was very happy to have helped save him, but what if they hadn't? What would've happened to him? Would his body have shut down on itself, or worse? She didn't know, and at the same time, she didn't want to know. Once they arrived at the office door, Deuce knocked on the door before he opened it to let themselves in.

 Once they arrived at the office door, Deuce knocked on the door before he opened it to let themselves in

"Headmaster, pardon the intrusion." Deuce said. "Pardon us." Ace added as they entered the room. Dire Crowley, the headmaster of Night Raven College, sat at his desk as a smile of politeness graced his face.

His glowing yellow eyes gleamed through his crow-like mask as he clasped his hands together, golden claw tips interlocking. "You're all here, I see. Let's get right to the matter of hand..." Crowley said, sounding serious, which seemed to be very rare for a man of his personality.

"Now that things have calmed down after the Heartslabyul incident two weeks ago, there is a matter I must discuss with you. You all need to know about the berserk state Mr. Rosehearts fell into if you are to become wizards."

"It was Overblot, right?" Deuce asked

"It was Overblot, right?" Deuce asked. Crowley nodded. "Yes, that's correct." he replied. "I've heard about it from my bro before, seeing someone build up enough blot to become that was something else." Ace said as he shuddered in terror. "He really went full "evil berserker mode"."

"It was very scary to see Riddle-san in such a fearsome state." Alice softly said. "Hey, what is "blot" anyway?" Grim asked. Crowley turned to face Grim and the four girls. "That's right. You five need that explained as well. I shall fill you all in." he said before he briefly gave them a bright, chipper smile. "For I am gracious~."

"There he goes, again, being all self-absorbed

"There he goes, again, being all self-absorbed." Kira thought, her eyebrow twitching slightly in irritation. Crowley then cleared his throat and begin to explain. "Blot is a type of waste after one uses magic." he said.

"In the same way a vehicle creates exhaust as it burns fuel to run. Spells burn magic to manifest, and create blot at the same time... That should be easy enough to understand." Alice became considerably pale with worry. She could feel goosebumps growing on her skin at the memory of Riddle falling into Overblot.

"It's that black inky substance that Riddle-san got drenched in, right?" Alice asked. Crowley nodded. "That is correct. You see, Miss Liddell, blot has been researched since the dawn of history, but there are still many mysteries to unravel." he said.

"One thing that is known for sure is that blot is a toxin, and building up too much can cause great harm to the mind and body." The whole time Crowley spoke, Kira stood tall and rigid like a soldier with her hands behind her back.

She was so glad her friends were there

She was so glad her friends were there. Otherwise, she would have a hard time wondering why she was clenching her fists so tightly, her sharp nails almost piercing her skin. Kira tensed as she recalled how Riddle went wild and crazed with rage and pain when he Overblotted.

Even Alice shuddered at that horrible memory. Next time, they won't let that happen to anyone else. "Oh, yeah, my grandma used to always say, "You'll build up blot, so don't use magic willy nilly." She went on and on about it." Ace said.

"With great power comes risk. No matter how great the wizard, they cannot infinitely use magic." Crowley said. "So you're saying the more we use magic, the unhealthier it becomes?!" Grim fearfully asked. Crowley shook his head. "No, that's not exactly right. Hmm..." he paused as he hummed in contemplation.

"Actually, the thought just occurred to me

"Actually, the thought just occurred to me... did any of you use your magic in class today?" he then asked as he lifted his head. "Oh, yeah, during P.E. class, Coach Vargas had us do dueling practice with our partners." Deuce answered.

"Grim nearly set the whole sports field on fire." Ace added with a smirk. Grim shot him an annoyed glare. "Hey! That guy had it comin', y'know!" he barked. "That doesn't give you the reason to scorch the field." Kira said with a scowl. "Then this is perfect!" Crowley exclaimed. "Take a look at your magic crystals, if you would."