Prologue 18: Tenacious Chase!

The group thought that leaving the mines would be the end of it, but much to their utter shock, the Faceless Monster had managed to chase them out from the mines and follow them into the Silent Woods all the way back to the Dwarfs' House.

They nearly lost their footing when it made another shockwave and stared back at the monster with disbelief. "You're kidding?! It knocked off all that stuff and came after us!" Ace shouted. "Uuuh...Uuughhh...! GIVE...ITT.....BBBACCKK!!" the Monster roared. "Shoot, it's gonna catch up to us!" Deuce yelled.

Alice held the crystal tightly in her hands as she and the other girls looked at the Faceless Monster. They all blinked when they realized that it was much slower and exhausted than how it was before. Was...? Was it weaker now? Alice gave a soft gasp as she turned to the boys.

"Look, it's weaker! We might have a chance to beat it for good!" she said. "We just gotta go for it!" Kira added. "Aaah, fine! Let's finish it! Don't let me down, Mr. Serious!" Ace shouted over to Deuce, quickly entering in a fighting stance as Deuce did the same. "You, too!" the navy blue-haired boy replied as he gripped his pen.

"I'll show off my true power!" Grim said as he summoned his blue flames

"I'll show off my true power!" Grim said as he summoned his blue flames. The four girls stayed behind them for their own safety while the boys took care of the Faceless Monster.

Of course, the girls were not planning on standing around doing nothing, so they went around and observed their magic and the way the Faceless Monster moved. They directed the boys' attacks to certain weak points on the Monster and even used themselves as a distraction so that they could get a better aim.

Ace, Deuce and Grim combined their magic together and delivered the final blow on the monster. Soon, the Faceless Monster let out a horrible screech of anger and pain as it then fell silent, collapsing down into a blackened ink puddle.

Watching it turn into a puddle of black goo, the group let out a collective sigh of relief. "Huff, huff...!" Deuce panted, exhausted from the battle. It was all over. As they all tried to catch their breaths, the girls quickly went to them. None of the girls knew that using magic would cause people to be exhausted afterwards.