🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 1

That night, as the moon shone brightly in the star-studded sky, the walls creaked and shuddered from the strong winds and inside the bathroom, the sound of dripping water from the leaky pipes could be heard. But the four girls and Grim all lay peacefully asleep in their beds, the sounds going unheard to them.

On Alice's pillow, Grim lay on his back, muttering things like "tuna" and other things in his sleep and purring softly. As Alice, Kira and Grim slept, a faint light suddenly began to glow from the vanity mirror nearby. A soft red light suddenly glowed from within Alice's chest as she started to dream...

 A soft red light suddenly glowed from within Alice's chest as she started to dream

"Mmm. Hmm...huh?" Madison slowly stirred awake from her slumber as she felt a hard surface underneath her. She blinked a few times before she snapped herself awake to find herself kneeling in a large rose garden maze.

As Madison took in her surroundings, she strangely felt a sense of déjà vu. She felt that the whole place felt familiar yet unfamiliar. It was as if she had seen it before, but from a long time ago. An unmistakable feeling of nostalgia. Madison stood up and gazed at her surroundings in awe.

"What...? What is this place? How did I get here? I was asleep in my dorm room, right?" she wondered. Seeing that she wasn't going to get any answers just by standing around, Madison gulped down her uneasiness and started to walk through the rose maze.

As she walked down the grassy path, Madison couldn't help but notice that there was something very unusual about the roses. Nothing seemed out of place, and they were beautiful, yet at the same time, they didn't look quite right.

As Madison looked, she suddenly saw a quite unusual sight. Cards. Real, living playing cards. They were all frantically rushing back and forth between the rosebushes with white roses, carrying cans of ruby-red paint as they stopped at one rosebush.

"Hurry and paint the roses red." the Card Soldiers said frantically. "Hurry before the flowers wither!" They all hurriedly dipped their paintbrushes into their paint cans and started painting the white roses red.

"Hurry, hurry! We have to paint them all red!" the Ace of Clubs Card said urgently. "Paint...the roses?" Madison wondered curiously. She then heard footsteps coming from behind her and turned around. She was surprised to see a young, pretty little blonde-haired girl approaching the cards.

 She was surprised to see a young, pretty little blonde-haired girl approaching the cards