🌹The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 14

Once the tarts were done baking, Alice took them out of the oven and gave them out to everyone so they could start placing the cream onto each one. "All that's left is to throw on the puréed chestnuts on top of the tart." Trey explained as he wielded his magic pen to create a perfect layer of cream on top of the tart.

"Finally, we're gonna be able to eat the chestnut tart! I'm getting so excited~!" Grim said exuberantly as he stood on Alice's head as she did the same. Just thinking about those delicious Mont Blanc tarts was enough to make Grim drool.

He jumped down and took the icing piping bag from the young girl's hands, trying to ice the tarts himself. "Alriiiight, let's get this done!" Ace said as he took his own icing bag and squirted the cream around the tart. "Don't lose your focus yet, just a couple more steps." Trey said reassuringly.

"You got it!" Ace replied

"You got it!" Ace replied. "Yeah!" Grim cheered. Soon, it became a small competition between Ace and Grim as they now started to spread the cream around the tart. Deuce was falling back emotion-wise as he kept mumbling to himself.

The others, aside from Alice, were wondering what he was gibbering about, but all they got out of him was something about chickens, eggs, and falsehoods. They simply had no idea what he was talking about, but that wasn't important at the moment. "Nyaha! How's that~!" Grim laughed.

"Good work. Keep going just like that." Trey encouraged. "But please take it easy. It's not a competition, you know." Alice softly said with a smile. "Heheh, it's a piece of cake if you leave it in my hands!" the blue-eyed cat monster boasted.

"And just like that, you're up on your high horse again." Ace said, jabbing a finger at the cat monster. Grim glared at him indignantly. "The eggs... won't become chicks...?" Deuce mumbled with a near vacant look on his face. The cherry red-eyed boy immediately whirled around to face him.

"And what's wrong with you, anyway, Deuce?!" he shouted with annoyance. "Acting kinda weird all of a sudden..." Kira muttered. After a while, they've managed to fill all the tarts with cream. "This is the final one. And... there!" Alice exclaimed.

"Alright, we're done!" Ace cheered. "Funyaaaa~~~~It looks so good! ♪" Grim said with a wide, hungry smile. "You guys have done great so far. For the last step, place the marron glacé on the very top of the tart." Trey said, putting down a bowl of chestnuts candied in sugary syrup.

" Trey said, putting down a bowl of chestnuts candied in sugary syrup