Prologue 14: Unintentional Troubles!

When the flash of light disappeared, the four girls immediately caught the scent of fresh wildflowers and moist grass in their noses. As they looked around, they saw that they were now in the middle of a dark forest. Their eyes fell upon the single house that rested just ahead of them on the other side of the stream.

A cute, small, yet ample cottage. However, it seemed to be abandoned for cobwebs and moss adorned the building, as if nature was trying to reclaim it. Oddly enough, the cottage reminded the girls of a similar one they once read in their old fairytale books.

"So this is Dwarfs' Mine... It used to be prosperous, thanks to magic crystal mining but..." Deuce began to explain as he and the others began walking through the forest. "So all we need to do is to find this mine, right?" Aria asked.

She then felt something gripping at her arm and looked down to see Grim clinging onto her as he began to quiver and glance at each corner of the area

She then felt something gripping at her arm and looked down to see Grim clinging onto her as he began to quiver and glance at each corner of the area. "Uuuuhh... Feels like something could jump out..." he whimpered fearfully. "It's okay, Grim." Aria gently said as she petted his head.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." Kira just scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "Chicken..." she muttered under her breath. "Oh, there's a house back there. Let's go ask them about the mine." Ace said, pointing over to the cottage.

They crossed the bridge and took a quick look around the place before they approached the house. Deuce knocked on the door. "Good evening..." he said as he opened the unlocked door, only to see that the room inside was empty and full of cobwebs.

" he said as he opened the unlocked door, only to see that the room inside was empty and full of cobwebs

It was so quiet and slightly dark it became clear to the teens that the whole house was abandoned. "I guess it's abandoned...It's a mess in here." Deuce said as he stepped inside the dusty house with the others following suit.

The girls took a moment to look around the cottage and smiled when they saw it was beautifully decorated with ornate wood carvings of various animals and little dwarf figurines. Almost every object, from a chair to a candleholder, was intricately detailed in some way.

"Even so, it's really pretty inside." Alice said as she traced her hands over the carvings on a nearby chair. Deuce looked over at her and quickly realized that he hadn't made any proper introductions to her or her friends.