3

Chapter Three

Vibe: Kingdom of One by Maren Morris

After day broke and things in the duke's manor fell back into the daily routine, Alice, the duke's daughter, found her bearings.

The magic was wearing out and she could feel the memory of the future that she had lived slowly slip away. As she struggled to recall details, she knew three things for certain that could possibly change everything:

(1) she'd been taken back eight years before her untimely, gruesome, and unfair death—instead of 25 years old, she was now about to have her 17th birthday, and her 17th birthday party was the night when her fate changed into something dark, cruel, and twisted.

(2) at noon today she was supposed to meet the man that would someday kill her.

(3) she recalled five of the names that would pay with their lives even if it killed her.

If Alice was one thing, it was a quick learner. She knew it was no coincidence that she was brought back on the same day she was supposed to be introduced to her future killer. After writing down as many details that she could remember of her downfall, she moved onto the next task:

Avoid her murderer, Godric Pernelle.

Unlike the others, he was the only one who stayed by her side. The one that listened to her and believed her... At least, that's what he had led her to believe. Maybe she'd fallen out of his favour long before that night. Maybe he planned it all. After all, the rebellion was all for him.

But why did he kill her when he knew she wanted the rebellion to win? Just...Why? Why him?

Now every time Alice closed her eyes, she saw his red eyes and felt his hands around her throat like a permanent necklace. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't speak. She couldn't move.

Who could she trust if not him?

It was because of this reasons that only when she found everyone else would she finally drive a stake into his cold, deceitful heart. And before she did, she would do everything in her power to make him say her last words with his final breath...

Anybody but you.

~*~*~

A.N.
Alice, stop making me cry~
But also, damn, you bad bsh you.

Also GoT music soundtrack is the most superior soundtrack I think I've ever came across.

Thanks for reading!