127

Chapter One-Twenty-Seven

Vibe: Devil Town by Cavetown

Ignoring the 'nutjob' part: lure them in, Maggie had said, as if it was just that easy to get someone to go to the river willingly. Or for Alice to just waltz right up to them and pour river water on them.

"Maggie!" Talia suddenly came running over as Alice stared in annoyance at Maggie's strong back.

"My love, what's wrong?" Maggie's entire stance shifted—her body stiffening as she looked for danger chasing the out of breath and out of shape girl.

She was so protective, it was impossible not to notice.

Blushing, Alice watched the exchange; the relationship between the two women seeming to form differently now than what she had pictured... she thought they were just really good friends in the cage. Apparently they were that and then some.

...But now was not the—Two women? Together? Was that normal for peasants? Did nobles also experience that kind of attraction?not the time to contemplate the meaning of love or attraction.

Talia shook her head as Alice cautiously stood at the rocks—at least spider lady seemed to have grown tired throwing stone bricks at her... wherever that beautiful piece of gold treasure was at.

Wait, was she attracted to the witch spider? Right, not the time. Alice shook her head clear.

Maggie quickly put her body between Talia and the corpses—slicing and dicing the creatures up before turning worriedly to the curvy girl again. Lovingly pushing the brown hair out of Talia's flushed face, she waited patiently for the quiet girl to gather her thoughts—all the while softly touching the side of her reddened cheek to calm her down.

Talia's body shook at she stared at Maggie like she was the last hope she had left, "It's Ronald..." her voice broke—her eyes desperate.

Maggie seemed to clench while Alice felt more lost. "What's he done? I knew him and William were no good—I warned George not to get involved with them."

Wait. Useless William? Were they talking about Creepy? Alice's ears perked up as she held her breath; imagining the next despicable thing the bastard could have done.

And then Talia spoke, and even Alice hadn't imagined him doing something so desperately low. "He took Charles. He's using him as a shield to make sure George stops any corpses coming after him—he's heading towards the slavers now. They have the exit blocked off and he's using Charles as a bargaining chip for his freedom."

Alice felt her blood boil as she grabbed the chalice—scanning the red soaked clearing for Creepy Ronald. All she could see was bloody corpses and their bits and pieces scattered around. It was worse than gruesome.

And then she spotted him—and his short and bulky body was far worse than all the chopped off body parts discarded on the ground, in her humble opinion.

Her eyes burned with rage as she watched Charles become scared out of his mind with a first row seat to watch George breaking and bending and twisting the bodies trying to trample them. Creepy holding him by the scruff of the white robe as he dragged him towards the horses.

Alice turned to the girls, her vision bathed in red, "Maggie, I'm going to need you to bring me to our first test subject now."

~*~*~

A.N.

Woohoo Creepy is getting tested on! Melt his brains, Alice. Also Alice is hilarious and I am absolutely calling out every straight oblivious person here: "just really good friends" 😆 Too innocent and cute.

Thank you for reading ❤️ my wifi is crap and I apologize if this is coming in late. My cellular is also crap ✨ so no music until later :(