58

Chapter Fifty-Eight

Vibe: Oh Girl by The Chi-Lites

Staring at the stars, laying out on a blanket placed on the deck between their rooms, Alice glanced over at Godric.

His eyes were shut, one arm behind his head, the other around Alice. Rolling over, Alice lightly hovered her finger over his facial features—his dark eyelashes so long and curly they tickled the tip of her finger.

"Happy birthday," she whispered, laying her head on her arms that she rested on his rhythmically rising and falling chest.

His lips tilted up on the side, "by far the best birthday yet..."

She blushed, giggling embarrassedly as she thought of the intimate secrets between them. It felt strangely good to Alice, knowing that she had such a dirty secret to hide—although, it was anything but dirty in her eyes. Like she wasn't the perfect doll anymore; she did things of her own choosing. Naughty things.

She wanted to step into her past life just long enough to shove her secret into past Narcisse's face. To scream in his face that he was nothing. That even he couldn't keep her from experiencing real pleasure. They may not have done 'everything', but it didn't matter. What Godric gave her, was the knowledge that she wasn't broken. She wasn't unwanted. And she had power over her body.

Godric's arm tightened, squeezing her into his chest, making her thoughts fall silent.

She didn't know what the future held or if things would be like that moment forever, but Alice didn't care. She just hoped the dream would stay a beautiful one even after they returned to reality.

~*~*~

A.N.

Godric is literally husband material when it comes to Alice. He's adorable. Good for Alice :)

He's still a *baby* tho (17 years old) so I really didn't wanna sexualize him (or even Alice) all that much since it felt weird to me as someone who is 26. But I also had to show him in the eyes of Alice (who is 18) and obviously Godric isn't a baby to her.

... I love YA but boy does it start feeling creepy sexualizing (fictional) teens when you're far from being one and FAR from wanting to get with one lmaoo ewie (not to offend anyone young, being a teen on the brink of adulthood is hard enough without old people influencing you through exploitation. But you do get my full sibling/aunt mode which are my best modes—Ily and I respect you and want each of y'all to become the best you can be on your own terms.)

Thank you for reading! who do you ship? Or do you just love Alice like I do and want to see her thrive no matter her love life choices? *sigh* I love Alice so much—she's such a lovable cutie.