57

Chapter Fifty-Seven

Vibe: Movement by Hozier

The purification centre was like the sweetest dream after a horrific nightmare.

Alice rested her head back against the smooth rock as she sat in the natural spring water within the mountains. The king's condition for her release was that she had to accompany Godric up to the purification centre as some sort of redemption arc after 'manipulating' him. Plus, to rid her of any remaining spells that may be inside of her that could become harmful to the Audovera Kingdom. As it benefit, it would also heal her quickly healing scrapes that were barely visible anymore thanks to the magical ointment (Thankfully she hadn't dug into her skin too deeply).

Alice was more than willing to comply.

"I don't know how you did it," Godric spoke from the identical pool next to her in a similar relaxed pose, "But you're a goddamn miracle worker, miss Alice." He exhaled happily.

Alice shook her head, her eyes shut blissfully as she inhaled the cool mountain air that contrasted in her body with the heat from the naturally heated pools. "Just keeping my promise to you, good sir."

Godric hummed, turning around to face her, "To think my punishment for treason would be to spend my days with you in the solitude of the mountains."

Alice laughed, also turning around in the pool as she placed her chin on her arms, "We should have done it sooner." She teased, making him reveal a beaming smile.

"Now who's lines are worth selling?" Reaching over, Godric ruffled her hair as she scrunched her face up with a proud smile on her lips—practically leaning into his hand like a dog.

Opening her eyes, she grinned, "I learned from the best." Standing abruptly, she leaned into him with urgency, "Godric, when's your birthday?"

Amusedly taking in her wet towel-robe clinging tantalizingly to the slim curves of Alice's body, he finally met her excited eyes, "I normally celebrate it on the 12th."

"That's tomorrow!" She squealed, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him as his lips quirked up into a crooked smile, "Good knight, tell me you weren't going to skip it!?"

His face flushed as he scratched the back of his head, "Ahh, but that would be a lie, miss. I don't normally celebrate my birthday as it's just not a happy day—"

Leaning down to be eye level, Alice's blue eyes burned determinedly into his sheepish red ones. "Remember this day well, sir Godric, because this is the day that you decide to never again miss celebrating the fact that you're alive." She spoke surely, as his eyes widened, "Because the fact that you are in this world, my sweet knight, is absolutely a thing to to be happy about—you make this place better and brighter with just a smile." Leaning down, she placed a kiss on his cheek before whispering in his reddened ear. "You're worth celebrating no matter where or who you come from."

Releasing him, Alice leaned back as she showed him an encouraging, warm smile while he admired her with a dazed look in his eye.

Biting his bottom lip, he shook his head with a note of sadness in his flushed expression, "Am I?" He mumbled, the doubt in his voice palpable. His lips lifted up in surrender, "I suppose if the miraculous Lady Alice says so, it must be true."

Nodding, Alice wrinkled her nose again, "Correct."

Chuckling, Godric splashed her, "Stop making that face—you'll give me heatstroke." He mocked her, quickly swimming away with a laugh before she could retaliate.

Hopping out of her pool, she hastily jumped into his—practically jumping on him as he caught her by her waist. Holding her breath, she pulled them both under the water as she pushed his shoulders back—pushing him to the bottom of the shallow pool. His fingers wrapped into the sides of her robe in the slim dips between her waist and hips—flipping her around until she found herself suddenly underneath him.

Her heart sped up as the bubbles from her escaping air filled her watery vision—memories of her murder flashing to mind as he leaned towards her. His hands reached out as she froze—his face creeping closer. Closing her eyes so she wouldn't have to see the angry ruby red eyes again, she braced for the necklace of hands.

But his hands never wrapped around her throat. Instead, they entangled softly into the roots of her hair as he lifted her up from the depths of the pool. His free hand guiding her to wrap her legs around his waist as they broke the surface of the water—their gasps of oxygen filling the atmosphere.

Staring into each other's eyes, Alice felt a tremble of relief flow through her like ecstasy... her heart racing in her chest as she took in his handsome features. In seconds, Godric leaned into her like he couldn't stop himself. She quickly followed, her fingers grasping at anything to pull him closer as their lips clashed into one another. Desperate need filled the space between them and the gasps of air—the sounds drowning out by the water lapping onto their entwined bodies.

Alice clung to Godric as if he was her last lifeline. Her panting lips captured by his as his tongue slipped seamlessly into her mouth—his fingers tangled in her hair as he threatened to devour her soul. His other hand held the small of her back, keeping their bodies connected as his lips fell hungrily down to her neck.

Alice released a soft gasp from her lips as she tilted her head back—Godric's fingernails digging almost painfully into her back. Her hazy blue eyes stared up into the white wispy clouds above her head as her body washed over with the pleasure she had always wanted to feel in her past life. The towel robe fell off her thin shoulders as Godric hummed appreciatively against her soft skin—kissing every exposed spot that made her heart flutter and eyes roll back.

Her fingers buried themselves into his wet, dark hair. She felt like she was simultaneously floating and sinking—living and dying by his cruel and kind hands. Hands that had once killed her in cold blood, were now hands that were holding her in an intimate embrace. Both hands controlling her breath—deciding whether she would need to gasp in order to receive oxygen.

Controlling whether she lived or died.

Picking her up by her thighs with his strong, roughed up hands, Godric sat her down onto the smooth rock. They stared at each other with burning heat between them as they caught their ragged breath—the water dripping down their bodies the only sound besides their inhales and exhales. No words were needing anymore as they once again reached for each-other; finding in one another a mutual feeling of desperate need for an escape. His muscular body encircled hers as his ravenous lips found hers again.

Alice didn't know if she was in heaven or hell as the murderous memories kept flickering in almost perfect harmony with the passion. All she knew was that she didn't want to leave.

She couldn't breathe or speak or move—and she never wanted to again.

She sank and she floated—and felt ecstasy in every second of it as he laid her down gently. Every kiss he placed against her, felt like he was leaving a burning trail on her skin. Her body had only known pain and torture—only known a forcefulness that pulled her into another world away from the touch on her skin. But with Godric, his touch made her body and mind react like he was tethering her to him. His lips slowly trailed down her thigh... to the inside of her thigh... to the crease of her thigh... and then further as she stared up into the clouds with an arched back, reddened cheeks, and cries that grew louder between the pants slipping out of her lips.

She sank so deep and floated so high, everything except for the touch on her skin disappeared.

~*~*~

A.N.

*sexual healing by Marvin Gaye plays*

Get it Alice :)

Thanks for reading, hopefully it wasn't too much or too little. A perfectly acceptable and elegant amount of smut lmao