48

Chapter Forty-Eight

Vibe: A Little Messed Up by June

"I need your help." Alice spoke urgently, skipping the pleasantries.

Godric's smile dropped as concern crossed his expression. "What's wrong, my lady? How can I help?"

Rubbing her forehead, she felt the sting of guilt. However, the dark circles under eyes and Lucy's current unstable state (Narcisse had been updating her on her situation and it wasn't looking good due to the fact that nobody understood what was wrong with her) was more pressing, "I need you to commit treason against the royal family." She held her breath.

Godric's eyes widened as he stuttered. "What...w-why?"

Alice pushed her hair back, inhaling deeply, "In order to save Lucy's life, I have to go against the king's orders by going into her ward where the useless doctors are. And I need you, a knight of the palace, in order to get into the room she's in. You'll be going against an order that came directly from the king by walking me in—but I promise nothing bad will happen to you." She rushed the words out, pacing back and forth on the training grounds.

Godric quickly stood in her way, placing his rough hands on her shoulders to stop her from creating a hole in the ground, "First tell me how you can save her if none of the doctors can? And what do you mean I wont get hurt by committing treason? What about you? Won't you get hurt?"

She didn't have time for this. She pulled at her hair, trying to think straight, "Because—" she finally spoke in a loud exhale, "The royal family would never use a forbidden spell to save someone; especially on a replaceable soon-to-be princess." She looked up at Godric, her eyes blazing, "but I will. I can save her. All I need is access to her."

Godric bit his lip, his nerves evident to Alice. Yet, he hadn't declined yet.

Alice sighed, showing him a small smile as she lifted her hand to the side of his face, "I would never let anything bad happen to you, okay?" Her blue eyes clear as she stared into his red ones, she continued, "Trust me, okay? I won't let anybody hurt you, my sweet knight."

Godric shook his head slowly as his body deflated in defeat, "Miss Alice... I think I would walk onto a battlefield without any armour on, if you asked me to." he admitted with a nervous smile on his face, "What would you like me to do?"

~*~*~

A.N.

Aww Godric is so romantic. Also, I'm gonna post another chapter since it's so short and it's been a long week!

Thank you for your patience and support!