52

Chapter Fifty-Two

Vibe: Bella Ciao by Becky G

Standing on trial in front of the four old council members and the king himself, Alice finally clued into why Narcisse had been so worried.

Her heart made itself known to her as she consciously controlled her breathing; reminding herself of the plan. Despite Narcisse's persistence, she still planned to take full responsibility for Godric. It would make her argument a lot weaker, however there was a difference between being needlessly selfless and doing what was right and fair. Godric was pulled into this because she needed to use him and she knew he wouldn't refuse, because that was just the kind of man he had always been—even in the past. He always helped those in need.

Nonetheless, she had to try her best.

After everyone swore in on the Audovera Kingdom's ruling book, the trial began.

"Lady Alison Arvel of the Arvel Estate, you are being tried for three accounts of Treason by the Royal Court of Audovera. How do you plead?" The booming voice of one of the council members in the dark red hoods asked; high up on the stands just a little below the king in the middle—who was glaring fiercely down at her.

Holding her clenched hands behind her back as she stood on the stand in front of the councilmen and the audience behind her, she started the fight for her life as she made her defence.

"I plead temporary insanity."

~*~*~

A.N.

Hell yah, Alice—you plead that temp insanity.

Okay, full confession, I don't know that much about law so going forward please remember that this is a fantasy courtroom with vastly different laws than real world laws lol! I absolutely channeled my memories on legally blonde for it—lower your goddamn expectation please. Don't comment hearsay like Amber's lawyer did in court every five seconds pls lmao

Okay thanks for reading, I'll post one more chapter since this is short x