66

Chapter Sixty-Six

Vibe: Lost by bülow

The tea and social party was successful.

Too successful.

After being forced to go back and pretend like nothing was wrong by Narcisse, Alice watched as Lucy charmed her way into everyone's favour. By the end of the party, no one seemed to be insulted by the Luciens—they instead seemed rather entertained and overjoyed with their unique presence.

Was this Lucy's plan, too? Instead of being pulled from the throne by the nobles due to her Lucien status, turn it around to get respect for the Luciens? Weaken the chances of the king annulling the engagement in fear of the noblepeople's backlash?

Could Lucy have really meant to do that—could she really have warped Alice's idea like that? Was Alice to blame?

Lucy caught Alice's distressed eye, excusing herself as she approached her. "Alice, this isn't working—I thought you said people would be nervous?" Lucy's thin brows stitched together, her green eyes showing worry.

If it was true... Maybe Lucy herself wasn't aware she was being used—or maybe she was a pawn in her parents game and had no choice? There must have been an explanation.

Because Lucy had to be innocent. It couldn't have been her... not in this life.

"Alice?" Lucy squeezed Alice's arm, bringing her attention back to her as Lucy showed her a face of concern. "What's wrong?"

Alice's face flinched as she exhaled out a laugh, "I guess you're just too likeable, Lucy... the plan backfired on me."

Lucy's cheeks flushed, "You sound like you've given up... that isn't like you." She frowned, grabbing Alice's face rather inappropriately while in a crowded social setting as she showed her a determined look, "You need to fight this, Alice. Fight it as hard as you can." She demanded almost desperately,

"You have to steal my crown, Alison."

~*~*~

A.N.

Are you not entertained!? Lol. Are you confused? Conflicted? Who do you trust and who do you think is behind everything?

Thanks for reading! What do you think of the plot so far? While writing I've had no real plan, so if it's all over the place, let me know!

*Forewarning* Alice's hö phase part two is up next (a 2/10 seggsy rating imo) which will last for 2 chapters (the second ho-y part only lasts a couple of paragraphs but the rest is a must read for the plot).

As always, thank you for choosing It's Time to Get Freaky™️. All of us here in my head wish you a wonderful ride!