16

Chapter Sixteen

Vibe: Numb by The March Divide

"I can't prove it yet." Alice mumbled, pulling her knees up to her chest as she watched the crowned prince carefully.

Shrugging, Narcisse leaned back into the armchair with his arms crossed against his chest, "Didn't expect you to, it's only been six months."

Alice was tired. Despite having slept for an unspecified amount of time, she was exhausted. And numb. She didn't feel anything. While it was a relief to not feel, it also left her vulnerable—she no longer cared about what anybody knew. Including Narcisse.

But if she accidentally let it slip about Godric, he'd be in trouble. She couldn't be sure due to how numb everything was feeling, but Alice was pretty sure she didn't want Narcisse to know about Godric because then she wouldn't be able to get her revenge on Godric.

Yeah, that was probably it.

"I'm tired. I don't want to talk about it." Alice covered her mouth with the blanket over her knees, her eyes still cautiously on Narcisse.

Narcisse quirked a brow up curiously, humming suspiciously again. Shaking his head after a long pause, he exhaled loudly as he stood up, "Can't be helped then, I guess. Whatever. I'll tell the guard outside the door to escort you back to your father's estate whenever you're ready to leave." He walked away without looking back, hand in his dark hair as he shrugged. "Until then, make yourself at home, princess."

Alice watched as the young prince left the room, her eyebrows furrowing together. Was that really the same guy that did all those terrible things from her past life? Falling back into the bed, she felt the headache start up again.

She really didn't want to think anymore.

~*~*~

A.N.

The doubts... just go to sleep, Alice. That was a long day you just had.

Thank you for reading! I'll upload another chapter since the last one was also short.

OH I almost forgot, how do you like the new cover? Do you prefer this one over the last? The font in both kinda annoy me so it's possible in the future I'll touch up whatever one you like best. Here they both are:

(1)

(2)

(2)