Recipes

Just so you're aware, I didn't know how to do any of this. But research is a godsend and so *clearly* I'm now a professional

Anyways, instead of wasting my hard intensive brain labour, I decided to record it all for actual use. So please enjoy my experiments hehe. If you make any, please let me know how I did! (It would literally be the coolest thing ever.) I'll be gradually adding them all here.

~ Potions ~

How to distinguish aromas:
Top notes: fresh & bright; evaporates in minutes; first thing you smell in a perfume. (Ex: citrus or spearmint)
Middle notes: blend the scents together; give body & fullness; aren't as well recognized as the top note; warm & soft; stick around for a few hours. (Ex: lavender or nutmeg)
Base notes: the foundation; leaves a lasting impression; not always discernible for the first few hours; intense & heavy aromas. (Ex: vanilla or sandalwood.)
Side notes: general ratio for the notes in order is 30:50:20 for infused oils but can absolutely differ depending on extraction method and preference; some scents can be used as multiple aroma notes. (Ex: rose can be used as a middle and/or base note)

How to infuse oil:
~ Soak dried or fresh peels/herbs/flowers in carrier oil for 1 week (Alice only needed a day or two because *magic*).
~ Shake it up here and there.
~ Strain using a filter (a coffee filter would work) into a clean glass bottle
Side notes: separate the different aromas in their own soaking jar/aroma bottle; it's possible to use water, honey, vinegar, alcohol, saturated oils, & other infusion ingredients (sometimes a combination) instead of the usual oil; it's also possible to use heat to quicken the infusion process (ex: teas); infusion times differ depending on the method; some soaking jars/aroma bottles might be best stored in the fridge, in room temperature, in dark tinted glass, or in the sun; label soaking jars/aroma bottles with contents, date made and/or expiration date to keep track.

How to blend infused oils:
~ Add a drop of your base note to a bottle. Smell it.
~ Add a drop of your middle note. Gently swirl.  Smell it again. Any changes?
~ Add a drop of your top note. Again swish, smell, note any changes.
~ Add more drops of the aroma notes accordingly (which aromas did you enjoy the most?).
Side notes: smell coffee beans to cleanse your palate when smells become dull to you; make sure you record how many drops you used; once you have a blend, seal the bottle and set it aside for a few days (certain aromas fade and change overtime naturally and might cause it to smell less pleasant to you—if you're wearing the scent, you want the entire experience to be one you enjoy, not just the initial sprits of it); if needed, dilute with alcohol & water using a 3:1 ratio (a good ratio for the water & infused oil is about 1:1).

La Vie en Rose PerfumeCreated by: KateVibe: La Vie en Rose by Emily Watts

Created by: Kate
Vibe: La Vie en Rose by Emily Watts

Benefits: Refreshing, purifying, soothing, dreamy, and leaves you feeling affectionate. Clears your mind, brings you a taste of summer warmth, encourages self-love, and will make you fall in love.

Top notes: 35% citrus (Alice used lemon and orange, but any citrus aroma would smell yummy, ex: tangerine, mandarin, bergamot, grapefruit, etc.).
- 15% lemon infused oil
- 20% orange infused oil
- pinch of dried zested peel for ~aesthetic~ and lasting aroma
Middle/Base note: 65% rose
- 65% rose infused oil
- pinch of crushed dried petals for ~aesthetic~ and lasting aroma
- some shimmer powder (Alice used crystal dust for *magic* reasons) for ~aesthetic~
Optional notes: (top) bergamot, spearmint, red berries, basil; (middle) jasmine, ylang-ylang, tea leaf, lily of the valley, peony; (base) patchouli, musk, sugar, amber, sandalwood, vanilla.
Side notes: Alice added a *hefty* amount of rose, but I personally *really* dislike the smell of strong rose extraction. If you're like me, I recommend adding one or more of those optional notes (middle or base notes especially, so the rose isn't overpowering later on) and absolutely cutting back on the rose infused oil. And don't forget to dilute the mixture if you find the smell is way too strong!

If you make your own version, name it 'La Vie en Rose / [your creation's name]' in the comments! Here are my *remixes* hehe:

La Vie en Rose / Butterfly Kisses
Created by Kate
For a more semi complex palette: lemon, orange, red berries, rose, peony, jasmine, vanilla, amber, and musk. I imagine the concoction smelling good with a good splash of red berries; a taste of peony, jasmine and vanilla; and visible hints of amber and musk in there to wrap around the overpowering rose and overall sweetness. Ratio of T/M/B notes: 35:40:25

La Vie En Rose / Vanilla Sky
Created by Kate
More simply, a note of warm vanilla, amber, and lily of the valley could work to cut into the intense rose and soften the citrus. Ratio of T/M/B notes: 40:30:35

Next To Come:

Purify Me Tea
Created by Kate
Vibe:

Benefits: purifying ✨