61.2

Chapter Sixty-One - point 2
Narcisse's POV

Vibe: Fools (can't help falling in love) by Foster, Sody & Sarcastic Sounds

"... it's not your place." Narcisse's breath was ragged as he stood with his back turned to Alice—emotions he didn't know how to control coursing through him.

He was scared. Earth shatteringly scared. Everything about her terrified him.

Why did she do those things? Jump in head first with no regards to what was at the bottom. She didn't care what happened to her. She didn't care about leaving everyone behind.

Not for the first time, he was reminded of her walking into his dagger... and it terrified him. Even back then he was scared—but this was a different fear. This fear was a helplessness that overwhelmed him. He couldn't breathe or think straight when he saw her running towards danger. Yet when he tried to forcefully stop her, it just made it worse—made her pierce herself deeper with the sharp weapon.

The torture of it all was slowly killing him.

Swearing, he turned around, ready to scold her for being so fucking irritating and stupid and brave and irritating and smart and irritating and amazing and beautiful and irritating.

His dark frustrated eyes searched the empty room frantically—finding no trace of the tiny, fearless blonde... Except for the tiny drops of blood on the ground.

"Dammit!" He grabbed the roots of his hair, crouching down on his heels as he shook his head, "You're a fucking idiot, Narcisse—I'm so fucking dumb!"

Narcisse knew all too well that he didn't know how to do anything right when it came to her. He didn't know how to keep from hurting her. He didn't know how to make her smile. He didn't even know how to keep her from hurting herself.

He also didn't know how to stop thinking about her and wanting to be where she was, no matter if it was going off the edge of the world itself.... He never wanted to miss one irritating moment with her.

"Fuck, Alice." He swore standing up.

He really hated running.

~*~*~

A.N.

I contemplated on not posting this part as I'm not sure it will go with the plot?? But idc, it's too cute. So enjoy, I suppose lol

Thanks for reading :)