114

Chapter One-Fourteen

Vibe: Call Me Papi by Feder & Ofenbach ft. Dawty Music

"This isn't going to turn out well for any of us." George spoke, grinding their teeth anxiously; thoroughly disturbed as they watched Alice lose touch of reality with each giggle bubbling off her bloodied lips.

The blonde's eyes danced and dazed as she spun around in a circle on her good leg and reached out to grab the invisible colours. Completely oblivious to the rest of the world.

"Your weeping psycho back there has got nothing on this crazy fucking bitch." George hissed, looking at the others annoyedly, "Fucking hell—I knew allying up with her was a terrible idea. We're all about to witness something terrifying because she's just gone from somewhat sane, to completely fucked off the edge." George cautiously backed away from the ditzy blonde, gesturing for the others to do the same.

"Enough of this!" The captain—putting his dislocated fingers back in place—ignored George's words. He watched Alice frustratedly as she began to count down with the incorrect numbers, only to laugh and start again. His lips furled up angrily, "I'm done with this bullshit. We'll be taking what we came for whether you try to fight or not—Grab the girl, but don't kill her." He ordered his lackeys.

Just as the captain began to make a move, Alice stopped spinning—her eyebrows stitching together as she stared confusedly at the altar. The staff's strings (connecting her to the mages) were tightening and tangling around her body as she tried to find the thread that didn't fit from the rest.

"That's not right." She hummed, seeing only the strings as she twirled the darkened thread around her finger.

One thread connected to multiple—not just connected to them however... it completely blended into the others. It became the others. But it wasn't the others.

It was an imposter. The imposter.

"One became twelve~" she sang, snorting with a laugh at the nonsensical thought.

A sudden noise beside her alerted her attention; her hand blindly grasping a string as she pulled it. A surprised scream sounded out as Alice flashed her glazed over eyes annoyedly to the woman who had disrupted her thoughts; now on the ground at her feet as the two sides seemed to collide around her with the clashing of their weapons.

They weren't the imposter. They weren't important.

Stepping over the writhing body, she continued following the thread—maneuvering between the fighting bodies. Her fingers played the strings in the air like an instrument as she heard the symphony of screams fall behind her as the blurry people targeting her fell in agony—like bugs buzzing in her ear as she tried to swat them away.

Eventually, it all went quiet as she drowned them out.

Stopping in her tracks, John stared up at her—his green eyes glowing with secrets as she bent down to his height, using the staff to balance on her good leg.

"Monster." He spat at her with rage in his eyes, "Blasphemous abomination. You don't belong in this world."

"I'm not the only one that doesn't belong here." Alice hummed, placing her hands on either side of his head; refusing to release the staff for even a minute.

With the sudden jerk of her hands, she twisted his head sharply to the side until a sickly snap sounded out. His lifeless body slumped over, his chin hitting his chest as she released him.

Quirking her own head curiously, she heard familiar voices swear behind her amidst the clashing until, as she had predicted, the broken man righted himself again.

Alice smiled proudly, "Found you—I found the imposter."

~*~*~

A.N.

Eerie as heck. Alice, bro-dear, you're not you when you're hungry. Grab a snickers.

Thanks for reading!