40

Chapter Forty

Vibe: Freaking Me Out by Ava Max

"Are you going to scream and stuff?" Narcisse scowled, looking around the little room in the inn.

Alice shook her head, "it's just going to look like i'm asleep. The pain is more internal." She hummed, setting up the crystals around her body. "Don't move anything and don't touch anything. The spell will break and i'll be lost inside my memories." She warned.

Narcisse sat down in the armchair provided with the room, his leg bouncing up and down nervously as his eyebrows furrowed. "What do you have to do?"

Alice laid down, her blonde hair fanning out around her in the pink bed. "I have to think about the memory I want to bring out." She looked at him sternly, "The concentration is hard so you have to be quiet. If I lose concentration the spell won't work and i'll just go to sleep normally and wake up in a few hours—but it's a huge waste of time, so don't even think about it." Alice warned him with a scowl.

Narcisse held his hands up in surrender, "I'm just here to make sure it all goes well." He promised, "What memory are you going to bring out?"

Alice smirked evilly as she closed her eyes, "Your assassination—I might as well convince you it's a real threat."

...and she wouldn't mind seeing the bastard die again, even if it tore her body into pieces in the process.

"So, all you have to do is think about that memory?" He hummed curiously.

She nodded, "I'm going to start it now so no more talking, it pulls me under fast and after I'm under I have to try my best to concentrate on the specific memory. Any outside noise could distract me and make the spell not work if I can't think of a memory to pull out." Opening one eye for one last peek at the prince she spoke again, "the vial of water at my feet should start glowing in a colour that matches the memory's energy—probably red. One drop from it on your tongue will let you see the memory yourself as if you're watching a play. After midday, even if I'm still asleep, it should work." Closing her eye again she relaxed, chanting the ancient language with precision.

Envisioning the prince's death and fighting passed the headache that occurred when she tried to recall memories, she felt the spell wrap it's dark blanket around her.

And then from within her unconsciousness she heard a familiar voice speak into her ear, "Why do you hate Narcisse? What did Narcisse do to you?"

And just like that, she was brought back to her personal hell as the pain from the spell and the pain from her memories, all at once began.

~*~*~

A.N.

Fuck Narcisse. No. Don't do that!

Forewarning, the next chapter is heartbreaking and depicts scenes of r*pe. If that triggers you at all, feel free to skip it. It damn triggered me to write it, so just a heads up. I personally give it a 6/10 triggering rate. It could be written a lot worse but still...

Thank you for reading x